Chapter 1

Tang Ning was scrutinizing the task list assigned to him by the "Urban Legends" production team. The show, known for investigating paranormal events to frighten guests, had invited Tang Ning as a guest to boost his exposure.

Despite Tang Ning's intense fear of anything related to horror or the supernatural, he reluctantly signed the contract.

Looking at the task list provided by the production team, Tang Ning furrowed his brow.

【Midnight, alone, take the last bus from the Golden Pine Bus Stop】

This episode's paranormal investigation focused on a ghost bus. According to urban legend, a young person boarded the last bus, fell asleep, and woke up near a desolate graveyard with a lake nearby. In the lake, there was a crashed bus emitting a pungent odor. The young person insisted they had taken that bus.

At this moment, Tang Ning stood at the deserted Golden Pine Bus Stop surrounded by cameras. The station was eerily quiet, with only him waiting. The production team members were hidden somewhere unknown.

Feeling bored waiting alone, Tang Ning decided to play a game.

He opened his phone and discovered a new game app. The app had a refined card design with a gold-bordered black background. The frame featured creepy elements like white skeleton hands and a ghostly face. The words "Card Game" were written in blood-red letters, exuding a bizarre and decadent beauty.

Tang Ning assumed his assistant had downloaded the game for him.

Tang Ning had no other hobbies besides gaming. Despite being mediocre at it, he spent a lot on in-game purchases, finding solace in the joy of spending money. However, his assistant had never downloaded such a game with horror elements before.

After a moment of hesitation, Tang Ning, with a curious mindset, opened the game. The game displayed a lengthy agreement filled with words like "ghost," "death," and "player." Tired of reading, Tang Ning lazily scrolled down and chose to accept.

【Please draw your card】

A completely black card appeared on the phone screen. It prompted him to click to draw, resembling an ordinary card game.

Tang Ning clicked to draw, and the card flipped over. It had a dark gold border, a red background, and depicted a beautiful woman in a deep slumber on a bed of over twenty duck-down blankets. The princess appeared as if trapped in a nightmare, with a tiny pea hidden at the bottom of the high-piled bedding.

【Congratulations! You've obtained the "Pea Princess Card"】

【Pea Princess Card 1: Your delicate body can sense a tiny pea even through twenty duck-down blankets】

【Pea Princess Card 2: A prince is searching for a true princess, and your delicate nature will surely attract him】

Tang Ning found the art on this card quite appealing.

【Enter the game?】

【Yes】【Yes】

Seeing these two options, Tang Ning couldn't help but chuckle. The game seemed cheeky, not giving him a chance to refuse.

With that thought, Tang Ning happily clicked 【Yes】.

At the moment his fingertips touched the screen, a distant bus approached. The bus had a somewhat outdated appearance, dim headlights, and almost no sound as it started moving. It had an eerie feel as it approached in the night. Tang Ning hadn't expected the production team to find such a outdated bus, and to his surprise, this worn-out bus was actually functioning. He glanced at the time-it was exactly midnight.