Chapter 63

Tang Ning hadn't expected Ji Ke's words upon waking to be like this. He instinctively looked at Ji Lianyan in the coffin, confirming that the other was still asleep before turning his gaze to Ji Ke.

At this moment, Ji Ke also sensed the surroundings. He stiffly glanced at Ji Lianyan, his expression not like someone caught gossiping but more like a mouse meeting a cat.

With a face ashen, Ji Ke turned back, noticing Lin Yun lying unconscious on the ground. Lin Yun's face bore a few soil-stained shoe prints, the culprit unknown.

Ji Ke remained silent, pulling out his phone from his pocket and, on a convenience sign, wrote a line, showing it to Tang Ning:

"I saw two shadows of Ji Lianyan!"

Tang Ning's right eyelid twitched. Having experienced the previous instance, he found it challenging to describe his feelings about shadows.

Although the supernatural elements in this instance differed from the previous one, encountering one person with two shadows was always an eerie situation.

Ji Lianyan mentioned often losing consciousness, unaware of what happened to him when awake. Tang Ning had comforted himself before, attributing it to some mental illness. However, recalling the recent experience, his toes curled, and his legs remained weak.

—"Tang Ning, do you know the sin?"

—"When a husband marries another, water's nature becomes like poplar fluff."

The chilling male voice's description of the crime echoed in Tang Ning's mind, and he opened his eyes.

Could it be that he didn't just marry Ji Lianyan but two people at once?

Two Ji Lianyans at first glance seemed similar, but their speech patterns and personalities displayed distinct differences. One spoke in a refined manner, while the other conversed in a more modern style. One appeared gentle but was secretly assertive, while the other genuinely seemed gentle.

Tang Ning wasn't certain of his judgment, acknowledging his historically inaccurate assessments of people.

So, which one was the real Ji Lianyan?

No.

Tang Ning's mind buzzed, suddenly realizing the crucial point—he needed to distinguish which one was the genuine Ji Lianyan feared even by ghosts!

His sole purpose in marriage was to find a talisman against supernatural threats. If both Ji Lianyans could instill fear in spirits, it would be perfect. However, what if one couldn't?

Tang Ning covered his forehead with his hand, attempting to recall everything that happened in the instance.

The system only mentioned Ji Lianyan's destiny with "Kui Gang Nobleman." Throughout, the system never explicitly stated that Ji Lianyan's destiny made him immune to ghosts; this notion was Lin Yun's addition.

Right, Tang Ning furrowed his brow. He worried that this time, like before, the system seemingly pointed in a direction but led him into a maze. In the first instance, he trusted the system immensely, following its guidance to find a person with righteous cultivation to seal the ghost baby.

It was this statement that elevated Tang Ning's trust in Boss Hao and the Gravekeeper. However, the statement was accurate; Mo Yunchu indeed was a master of cultivation.

In the second instance, the system mentioned not directly facing the monster, and Tang Ning hadn't realized that the monster was his own shadow.

Cumulative experiences from the two instances made Tang Ning hesitant to communicate with the system in the third instance, except for moments of mental tension and playful banter to ease the mood.