Chapter 27

Tang Ning felt almost faint.

In what he thought was a confrontation with an unknown creature, it turned out to be a group of people staring at him!

The bizarre and surreal feeling made his round toes curl up in confusion, even his teeth were chattering. Startled by the encircling wolves, Tang Ning panicked and inadvertently bumped into Qi Yun's broad embrace. The peculiar aura belonging to Qi Yun instantly enveloped him.

This body seemed to have an indescribable reaction to "Qi Yun." Tang Ning hadn't realized the proximity of his skin to Qi Yun's when his tense back suddenly relaxed, like a tired bird returning to its nest, sliding down Qi Yun's body as if water.

Qi Yun's long and powerful hands supported Tang Ning's trembling waist, measuring the dimensions beneath Tang Ning's shirt as if gauging.

"Are you okay?"

The guy's hands were warm like a gentle fire, but his voice was icy.

Tang Ning shivered even more, inexplicably feeling as if he were being pressed under the body of a large lion.

While enchanted by Qi Yun's presence, his subconscious screamed to escape.

The unfamiliar classmates watched him, leaning against the hot and sturdy body, legs shaking, revealing a shameful and almost tearful expression.

Too strange.

Their faces displayed similar mocking smiles, as if ridiculing his reaction.

Don't look at me.

Qi Yun embraced him from behind, lowered his head slowly, as if about to say something to him.

Go away!

Warm breath sprayed on Tang Ning's shoulder and neck.

Go away!!!

Tang Ning pushed Qi Yun away with all his strength and stumbled out of the restroom.

The corridor was filled with students leaving school, all wearing the same uniform. Tang Ning, overwhelmed, saw reflections of himself in the glass windows on one side of the corridor. He had misty black eyes, revealing a bewildered and innocent demeanor.

[System, what's happening? Why do I feel this way when I encounter Qi Yun?]

Tang Ning couldn't express a clear description, but he could sense that something was definitely wrong.

[This is the setting for your body in this scenario. The specific reasons are not disclosed by the system.]

Tang Ning hugged his arms, realizing that the moment he touched Qi Yun, his body seemed to lose control. Every cell was clamoring to get closer, wanting to merge into Qi Yun's flesh and blood.

So strange.

Don't be like this.

[Friendly reminder, it's dismissal time now. You should act according to the "Tang Ning" character, such as...]

A tall figure walked out of the restroom, Qi Yun's arms draped in a school jacket. Half of his body was covered by the shadows in the corridor, and his face showed no extra expression.

[You should follow Qi Yun now.]

The system instructed.

Adhering to the character setting is a default rule in card games, and players can gain a lot of information by following the character setting. Violating the character setting recklessly might increase the difficulty of the game.

Tang Ning gritted his teeth and quietly followed Qi Yun.

At the moment of deciding to tail Qi Yun, Tang Ning's inner self unknowingly harbored a sense of satisfaction.