Chapter 12

Tang Ning hadn't encountered any relatives in this game instance, and as a freelancer, he seemed to lack colleagues. His thoughts, stirred by Boss Hao's words, revolved around the names mentioned until he heard the final piece of information: Mo Yunchu.

His bedside companion.

But how could that be possible?

Mo Yunchu was his biggest reliance in this instance. Without Mo Yunchu, he would have been attacked by ghost infants on the bus. Every life-or-death situation seemed to have Mo Yunchu appearing at the critical moment.

Tang Ning furrowed his brow, sensing a subtle confusion. Why were Mo Yunchu's timely rescues so perfect each time?

From their first encounter, Mo Yunchu had saved him at the most dangerous moments. What did Mo Yunchu say back then?

"Xiao Ning, are you still mad at me?"

From Mo Yunchu's perspective, "Tang Ning" had deliberately sat in the back because of anger.

Why did a caring boyfriend take so long to apologize for a simple disagreement and precisely at the moment when he was about to be killed by a ghost infant?

In the bathroom facing a ghost infant, Mo Yunchu arrived at the most appropriate moment. The same went for the midnight bloodsucking incident. Even when Tang Ning almost followed the ghost infant's command to jump off the building, Mo Yunchu's timely call woke him up.

Tang Ning felt like he might be going crazy.

Countless warm memories of Mo Yunchu flooded his mind, bringing infinite security. However, suddenly, he recalled the surveillance video sent by Lu Yingxing before his death.

Those warm memories now seemed to be tainted with ominous undertones.

Tang Ning shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

Boss Hao had warned him about being cautious with those around him, but before that, he also mentioned having someone to help him, and Mo Yunchu should be that person.

"System, do I have any friends or relatives?"

"Currently, none."

Tang Ning found the system's response peculiar. "What about before?"

"Detailed character information is not disclosed. It's recommended for players to explore on their own."

After a pause, the system added, "This is beneficial for your self-improvement."

Tang Ning agreed with the system. Instead of overthinking, he decided to go to the phone repair shop to retrieve Lu Yingxing's phone and check the surveillance footage.

Leaving the funeral home, he arrived at the phone repair shop and opened Lu Yingxing's phone, watching the surveillance footage.

In the bedroom footage, Tang Ning was peacefully asleep, and it seemed Mo Yunchu was sleeping too. However, when he zoomed in, he saw Mo Yunchu's open eyes—staring at him in the darkness.

Tang Ning couldn't help but feel uneasy. Watching himself sleep while Mo Yunchu silently observed him was eerier than having a ghost infant near his pillow.

After a while, Mo Yunchu suddenly got up, his movements gentle and unobtrusive, not waking Tang Ning. Tang Ning initially thought Mo Yunchu was going to the bathroom, and he even started feeling angry about Mo Yunchu not keeping his promise. However, Mo Yunchu didn't leave the room.

He did something Tang Ning couldn't comprehend.

Mo Yunchu's slender hands picked up Tang Ning's discarded clothes, and his handsome, cold face buried into Tang Ning's shirt. The shirt covered the upper half of Mo Yunchu's face, revealing a stoic jawline.