Chapter 52

With Lin Yun's words, the ghost children leaning against the window were no longer satisfied with simply patting the glass with their small hands. In unison, they fiercely slammed their heads against the glass!

*Crack!*

The glass, adorned with the character for happiness, developed a spiderweb-like crack. Blood flowed from the forehead of one ghost child, spreading along the fractured lines. Yet, those ghost children who had been banging against the glass seemed oblivious to pain, laughing as if they couldn't feel it, their innocent yet cruel gazes fixed on Tang Ning, like candy-craving children.

"What do we do now?" Tang Ning's skin crawled. He observed the glass rapidly accumulating cracks at a visible speed. In just three or four seconds, it would shatter completely! Those things would swiftly crawl inside!!!

Lin Yun stared fixedly outside the window, more little faces emerging, some so small they were only palm-sized, resembling embryos, eyes still open. They continued tapping the fragile glass with their delicate skin.

An indescribable sense of oppression emanated from this pile of dead bodies. Lin Yun suddenly crouched down. In that moment, the old glass finally produced a loud shattering sound. A group of ghost children gleefully surged into the room. The scene resembled a claw machine suddenly breaking apart, with a bunch of dolls rushing towards you—

This time, you weren't grabbing dolls.

They were going to grab you!

Tang Ning tried to step back, but Lin Yun firmly held onto his feet!

Lin Yun's strength was overwhelming; Tang Ning couldn't break free!

A moment of confusion and helplessness engulfed him. He didn't understand why Lin Yun would do this!

The faces of the ghost children, covered in blood and even missing, rushed towards the immobilized Tang Ning. The crisp laughter echoed in the room, softening Tang Ning's entire body. He saw a ghost child, around two years old, with a pale face, open mouth, and pounce—

Lin Yun slipped Tang Ning's wedding shoe onto his foot.

The continuously crawling ghost children suddenly stopped. Except for the one that had leaped onto Tang Ning due to inertia.

One moment, small hands tightly gripped Tang Ning's red wedding attire; the next moment, as if touching flames, they cried and let go.

"As expected! I guessed right!" Lin Yun quickly exclaimed, "The song they sang is the key! They just sang about stepping into the bridal chamber, wearing the wedding shoe can unlock it. Next, you should pay attention to what they're singing and figure out how to break the curse yourself!"

Tang Ning barely had time to admire Lin Yun's gaming awareness when he saw Lin Yun take out a talisman from his pocket. "Your wedding attire is a powerful tool; it can temporarily withstand a wave of ghost children's attacks. The rest of the journey is up to you! Remember my words! Pay attention to the lyrics! You must marry Ji Lianyan!"

After swiftly uttering these words, Lin Yun pasted the talisman onto his own forehead, standing still like a sealed zombie.

Tang Ning: "?"

Tang Ning noticed that all the ghost children who had intended to attack Lin Yun had stopped, as if Lin Yun had suddenly lost his appeal to them. All their attention shifted back to Tang Ning.

No way.

This scoundrel Lin Yun had abandoned him and fled again!!!

Tang Ning's inner defense was on the verge of breaking. In such a dangerously tense situation, his mind was now flooded with one phrase—