Chapter 39

"Ding Ling~"

A crisp bell rang in Tang Ning's ear. An unhappy frown creased Tang Ning's face as he reached out to find the alarm clock. However, his restless hand was captured by a slender one with ten interlocking fingers.

Tang Ning opened his eyes in confusion, transitioning from blurry to clear vision. He was met with the handsome face of Qi Yun, whose beautiful phoenix eyes calmly met his. Unlike Tang Ning, who was still half-asleep, Qi Yun's eyes showed no signs of drowsiness. "Time to get up, we have classes."

The sensation beneath him felt off.

Tang Ning then realized his legs were draped over Qi Yun's waist, his entire body sprawled over Qi Yun.

Startled, Tang Ning quickly retreated to a corner, attempting to convey a sense of "keeping distance."

Qi Yun, unperturbed, got up. From Tang Ning's drawer, he took out a new pair of white socks, sitting at the edge of the bed, saying, "Extend your foot."

Tang Ning: "?"

Tang Ning stared at Qi Yun in bewilderment and shock.

Is this pervert not even trying to pretend anymore?

"I can do it myself," Tang Ning said, trembling.

Qi Yun picked up a sock, used his slender fingers to stretch the opening, and smiled, "Start with the left foot."

Tang Ning, avoiding Qi Yun's gaze, whispered, "Thank you."

Bare, snowy-white feet hesitated as they emerged from the blanket.

Tang Ning's toes were cold, and Qi Yun used his palm to warm them before gently helping Tang Ning put on the socks. Then, he assisted Tang Ning in dressing and putting on shoes. Throughout these actions, Qi Yun's mood visibly enjoyed the process, as if a long-suppressed deviance had finally revealed itself, shamelessly breathing in the fresh air.

In contrast, Tang Ning felt the opposite.

While Qi Yun went to freshen up, Tang Ning asked the system in agony, "What's going on now?"

"Good news! You both are rare deviants. Mutual affection has blossomed, and lovers have finally come together—a match made in heaven," the system replied.

Pausing, it added, "From the original 'Tang Ning' character's perspective, that is."

"Do I have to be his boyfriend?"

"Yes, and considering the 'Tang Ning' character, at this moment, you should be—"

"What's wrong?" Qi Yun, having quickly washed up, came out of the bathroom, his expression indifferent. "You don't seem to be in a good mood."

"Wildly ecstatic is more like it," the system interjected.

Tang Ning blankly said, "I'm just happily dumbfounded."

Qi Yun didn't let him off that easily. His beautiful peach blossom eyes locked onto Tang Ning's face. "Why are you happy but not smiling?"

Tang Ning's gaze was uneasy, and he awkwardly forced a pleasing smile. Unfortunately, Tang Ning's acting skills were poor, and the forced nature of the smile was evident at a glance.

Qi Yun held Tang Ning's hand, and the warm palm completely enveloped Tang Ning's cold hand. Even this simple physical contact made Tang Ning feel comfortable to the tips of his fingers, suppressing any subtle fears.

"Shall I help you brush your teeth?" Qi Yun asked.

"No need." Tang Ning walked into the bathroom, seeing their reflections in the mirror. They stood one after the other, Qi Yun a head taller, his hand ready to pull Tang Ning into an embrace.