Chapter 3

"Ah! Ah! Ah!"

Tang Ning abruptly opened his eyes, water splashing around as droplets slid off his trembling eyelashes, dripping onto the steamy water's surface, creating ripples. Anxious and uneasy black eyes surveyed the surroundings. Tang Ning realized he was still in the bathtub, and the terrifying ordeal was nothing but a nightmare.

Startled, Tang Ning repeatedly examined his surroundings. The walls were snowy white, tiles pristine, the glass door covered in a thin layer of mist, and the aroma of mild wood-scented diffuser wafted through the air. No blood handprints were in sight.

His heart pounded, thudding loudly. The nightmare had felt too real, leaving Tang Ning shaken and weak. Trying to stand, his long legs momentarily lacked strength.

Supporting himself on the edge of the bathtub, Tang Ning struggled to stand. A thin layer of mist clung to him, a few wet strands of black hair stuck to his face. He put on a bathrobe, picked up his phone, preparing to leave.

As he opened the door, he felt something with his slipper-clad foot-a chilly yet soft touch. Petal-like toes slightly curled.

Tang Ning lowered his head, and a legless doll rolled to his feet, with black button eyes staring directly at him.

The thin layer of red tint on Tang Ning's face vanished in an instant, leaving his face pale like a piece of pure white paper-

It had come.

The black button eyes stared at Tang Ning as if turning into an abyss, ready to engulf him skin and bone.

Images of the bathroom attack flashed in Tang Ning's mind. His thoughts seemed to spiral into a vortex, everything around him becoming blurred. Only the nightmarish fear grew more vivid.

"Xiao Ning!"

"What happened to you, Xiao Ning!" Mo Yunchu's shouts jolted Tang Ning out of his stiff state. He dumbly raised his head, seeing Mo Yunchu, also in a bathrobe, standing in front of him.

Warm mist emanated from Mo Yunchu, droplets falling on his damp hair. Mo Yunchu looked at him with concern. "I was taking a bath and heard you scream. Did you fall?"

Warm hands embraced him, injecting a continuous stream of vitality. Mo Yunchu, nervous, asked, "Are you okay?"

Tang Ning's vocal cords, seemingly frozen, finally allowed him to speak. "A ghost..."

[Warning: Do not reveal information about ghosts to Mo Yunchu. Mo Yunchu has a significant impact on the replica. Excessive reliance on Mo Yunchu will be considered cheating, and the system will dynamically increase monster difficulty to maintain balance.]

The system warned coldly.

"What?" Mo Yunchu focused on Tang Ning, as if trying to soothe the unease in Tang Ning's eyes.

Tang Ning lowered his head, attempting to show Mo Yunchu the legless doll that had fallen. However, when he looked where it should be, the spot was empty, as if it were just his imagination.

No, how could this be just an illusion?

He could now feel the nauseating sensation under his foot-evidence that he had accidentally kicked the doll.

Tang Ning bit his lip hard, trying to hold back tears. However, tears still flowed from his moist black eyes. Large teardrops rolled down, wetting Tang Ning's eyelashes. His face turned pale as he stared at-

It was here.

The black button eyes fixed on Tang Ning, as if transforming into a pitch-black abyss, ready to devour him skin and bone.