Chapter 79

"What do you mean by this?!" Uncle Ji's solemn expression turned serious, as if facing a monstrous flood.

Others also looked around, their eyes alert and fearful. The players continued to assess the situation, yet there was no sign of anything amiss in the room, not even a flicker of the candlelight.

"You don't need to play tricks." Uncle Ji's voice was heavy. "It was my misunderstanding that led to Tang Ning's marriage. Now, everything can come to an end."

Ji Lianyun quietly watched Uncle Ji.

He looked exhausted, yet his gaze remained calm, so calm that it was hard to tell if it was a bluff or if he had a plan.

Han Ankang and Lin Yun, standing behind Ji Lianyun, felt a surge of anxiety, ready to rush out at any moment to save Tang Ning.

Although Tang Ning's marriage to the probable ghost groom would likely tip the scales in his favor, this ghostly marriage would end in death!

If it were any other player, they wouldn't rally together so boldly to save him. Tang Ning, with his special role, couldn't die, at least not now.

The biggest problem now was whether they could save Tang Ning with minimal casualties.

Tension hung in the air.

Ji Lianyun stood still, staring at Uncle Ji as if waiting for something.

"Act now!" Uncle Ji suddenly shouted at the hesitating Ji Qian. "Stop procrastinating!"

The wine glass shattered on the ground, its crimson contents spilling like blood. The villagers holding down Tang Ning all exerted force, pushing him onto the coffin lid.

Some held down his shoulders, others his legs. Someone raised a hammer and a wooden nail, aiming the sharp end at Tang Ning. Tang Ning's pupils kept shrinking as he suddenly realized the purpose of the wooden nail—

To pierce his flesh, crush his bones, and nail him to this icy coffin lid!

The wooden nail loomed larger before Tang Ning's eyes, refracting a chilling light, the cold intent of sacrificing lives, sharp and piercing, as if it could pierce directly through his heart and soul!

"Let him go," Ji Lianyun's weak voice rang out.

The wooden nail paused on Tang Ning's clothes. His chest heaved violently, cold sweat dripping from his forehead as he leaned numbly against the coffin lid. Others turned their gaze toward Ji Lianyun.

Ji Lianyun chuckled mockingly, looking visibly weary, his eyes growing colder.

Some wondered what Ji Lianyun found amusing at this moment.

As he watched the villagers still restraining Tang Ning, his pale lips parted, and Ji Lianyun let out an almost inaudible sigh, so faint it was almost indiscernible: "I'm tired. Let's end our agreement here."

The candlelight suddenly flickered anxiously.

Uncle Ji froze, as if realizing something. He looked at Ji Lianyun in disbelief.

With Ji Lianyun's words, the shadows in the corners of the room grew denser, flowing out like black water. Under everyone's gaze, the darkness spread, until strands of black hair emerged.

Those long strands of hair belonged to countless women.

"Ah—!" The villager from the Ji family, holding the wooden nail, suddenly screamed. Every inch of his exposed skin sprouted long black hair. In just a moment, his entire body shriveled up, his eye sockets filled with eyes full of fear, and in an instant, black hair grew out of his eyeballs.