Chapter 51

"Marriage?"

"Oh, yes, I'm getting married in this simulation," Tang Ning replied.

Dazed and determined to rise from the bed, Tang Ning's efforts were hindered as a hand grasped his ankle. A clean towel wrapped around his feet, the slightly rough fabric rubbing against the soles, coaxing a short whimper from Tang Ning.

Reaching to Tang Ning's knees, the hand gently placed his weakened legs on the bed. Feeble legs intertwined, adorned with faint red imprints, resembling the graceful tail of a beautiful fish, captivating to anyone who gazed upon it.

"Cousin, I'll take Tang Ning to change clothes," Ji Ke suddenly interjected.

He didn't know why he intervened.

There was a sense that if left unchecked, the NPC might uncontrollably kiss Tang Ning's toes.

At that moment, Ji Ke couldn't comprehend why some people had a foot fetish, but then he suddenly understood.

The newcomer's feet were as tender as tofu, tempting one to take a gentle nibble, like a cat's tail.

Ji Lianyan slowly raised his head to look at Ji Ke, the pallor of illness perhaps enhanced by the steam, strangely giving Ji Ke a sense of a good complexion.

In contrast, Tang Ning, though enveloped in a thin mist, seemed as if all vitality had been drained from him.

"Alright, take him to get ready," Ji Lianyan calmly stated.

Ji Ke helped Tang Ning up, who felt as boneless as ever against him. Though Ji Ke initially thought of carrying Tang Ning, he hesitated under Ji Lianyan's gaze. The instincts of a seasoned player made him gentlemanly support Tang Ning, even keeping his hand assisting with a clenched fist.

Floating out of the old house, Tang Ning, guided by Ji Ke, felt the night breeze as he shivered.

Walking towards the place where the bride would change clothes, away from Ji Lianyan's dwelling, Ji Ke couldn't help but ask, "How did you let Ji Lianyan massage your feet?"

Having experienced so many simulations, Ji Ke had never seen a player allow a nature-of-the-game NPC to massage them. Most players wished they could hug such NPCs and call them dad.

"Huh?" A soft and sweetly perplexed sound rolled out from Tang Ning's throat. Exhausted, he could only rest his head on Ji Ke's shoulder. After a moment of sluggishness, he grasped Ji Ke's meaning and apologized, "I refused. He said massaging the feet would help me sleep better." Tang Ning explained, feeling his own lack of determination. Even if it wasn't a special NPC, there was no reason for his soon-to-be husband to wash his feet. "I was wrong, I'm sorry," he softly apologized.

Ji Ke's Adam's apple bobbed once, "Are you very tired?"

Tang Ning felt more than tired; weariness weighed on him like a mountain. He had no strength left; if Ji Ke wasn't supporting him, he might have collapsed on the ground.

Sensing something amiss, Ji Ke whispered, "What did Ji Lianyan do to you? Or did you encounter something strange there?"

In a drowsy state, Tang Ning recounted a series of events to Ji Ke.

"You say there's a ghost licking your eyes?" Ji Ke furrowed his brow.

He had never heard of a ghost in the Ji Lian sub-instance being so gentle. In such a situation, wouldn't it be more reasonable for it to devour the eyeballs or even the head?

As for the well water's hair, Ji Ke thought it wasn't Tang Ning's illusion. He had noticed the peculiarities in Ji Family Village; the village was bizarre in every aspect. During his walk with Ji Uncle, he hadn't seen any livestock—no cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, dogs, not even wild cats.