Chapter 109

Tang Ning realized that his choice of words was not very precise when Shao Mingyong asked him this question: "There is one who I don't know can't cook."

Qi Yun seemed like he had never cooked before.

Shao Mingyong didn't speak, his eyes drooping, his long, dense lashes hiding the emotions swirling in his eyes. He picked up a rib with his chopsticks and put it in his mouth, the clear sound of crunching continuously ringing out as he chewed the bones.

Tang Ning also picked up a rib, paired it with plump grains of white rice, and ate until his cheeks were bulging, looking blissfully happy as if he was about to bubble over with joy.

Lin Yun sat beside him, eating without tasting, feeling an inexplicable pressure, especially seeing Shao Mingyong eat the whole rib without spitting out the bones like a normal person would. Lin Yun touched his forehead and felt a layer of sweat.

"It's a bit abrupt to ask this question, but I'm really curious," Shao Mingyong said calmly with a hint of curiosity. "Where does my cooking rank among your boyfriends?"

Tang Ning bit the tip of his chopstick, went through a fierce mental struggle, and declared rigorously: "Tied for first place!"

Lin Yun looked at Tang Ning with solemn respect, as if seeing a rising star in the field of water-carrying! He was genuinely afraid that Tang Ning would shockingly say that Shao Mingyong ranked last, but thinking about it, being tied for first place seemed no different from being the very first?

Not being able to distinguish a clear order was an even greater stimulus for certain people.

Shao Mingyong's thin lips curled into a light smile, as if carelessly picking up a piece of braised meat, chewing and tasting it slowly and methodically.

The dining table was silent, with only the sound of chewing.

The cold light on the glasses seemed like a python crawling out from the dark pupils, slithering along the trembling nerves of the onlooker. Lin Yun's mind buzzed, wanting to take Tang Ning, who was focused on eating, away, but Tang Ning was now burying his head in his food, unable to receive any visual signals.

Lin Yun, feeling less solid than a mountain, gently lifted his foot under the table and nudged Tang Ning with his toes.

Tang Ning, who was about to bury his face in his bowl, suddenly looked up, his black pupils innocently and confusedly looking at Lin Yun, with a grain of white rice still clinging to the corner of his mouth.

Their eyes met.

Tang Ning blinked, and suddenly remembered the purpose of this visit. He had just been chatting happily with Shao Mingyong, and now seemed like a good time to ask Shao Mingyong a question.

"By the way, Shao Mingyong," Tang Ning called out affectionately. The saying goes that one's mouth is softened by the food they eat, and his tone softened quite a bit, his voice breaking the rules and completely conveying his good mood at the moment to Shao Mingyong, seemingly with an innate ability to stir the emotions of others, making them itch with annoyance yet unwilling to offend.

Shao Mingyong looked at Tang Ning, the invisible sharpness in his eyes softening a bit, as if a fierce beast had hidden its claws and fangs.

Tang Ning asked cautiously, "Do you know any information about the river god of this town?"

"Why do you suddenly ask this?" Shao Mingyong countered.

"Just curious," Tang Ning said, feeling that Shao Mingyong's eyes were very deep at the moment, like a spring so deep that its bottom couldn't be seen.