Chapter 81

Lin Yun sat in the room with Tang Ning for a while, then he asked Tang Ning to hold the blood-stained handkerchief from Ji Lianyun in his hand, no matter what, he must not let go of the handkerchief when in danger.

The players knew very well that Ji Lianyun's blood had a restraining effect on ghosts and monsters.

Although most people could guess, no one dared to treat Ji Lianyun as a blood bag, nor did anyone dare to take this handkerchief lightly, because Ji Lianyun had never wiped his blood on anyone else from beginning to end. In the world of cards, if an NPC gives you something, you can accept it, but if an NPC doesn't give you something on purpose, never go and grab it blindly.

Because sometimes demanding something from certain entities might lead to losing even more.

Tang Ning constantly lost his yang energy to Ji Lianyun, exchanging it for blood protection, reaching a delicate balance within himself. Others had no right to intervene for their own gains.

"With the red wedding dress and the blood-stained handkerchief on you now, they are both very useful items. With these, you may have the best ability to protect yourself among all of us," Lin Yun said.

"I'll be guarding the spiritual hall tonight. Under the ghostly state, there is a high chance that Ji Lianyun will provoke the one in the spiritual hall. So, I'll leave it to you to guard Ji Lianyun in this room."

Tang Ning nodded as he squeezed the handkerchief.

Before leaving, Lin Yun couldn't help but glance back. The figure behind him, wearing a red wedding dress and clutching the blood-stained handkerchief, sat anxiously next to the coffin, resembling a beautiful bride waiting for her groom to arrive.

As if sensing Lin Yun's gaze, Tang Ning lifted his head and managed to force out a faint smile, as if telling Lin Yun that he could handle it alone.

Lin Yun lowered his eyes, hiding the emotions surging within them, and silently turned away.

In the room, only Tang Ning and the unconscious Ji Lianyun remained. Tang Ning glanced at the time, it wasn't even midnight yet. He had to wait until the appointed time before he could use the Reviving Joy card on Ji Lianyun.

For now, all he could do was guard Ji Lianyun. Han Ankang had said that there was a chance that Ji Lianyun would become a ghost under these circumstances, but the premise was that the entity wanted to come out.

Tang Ning looked at Ji Lianyun sleeping in the coffin, his eyes carrying a mix of hope and fear that he himself wasn't aware of. He was afraid of the evil spirit hiding within Ji Lianyun's body, but he had no choice but to pin all his hopes for the future on that evil spirit.

That evil spirit had to come out soon, or else, facing tomorrow's funeral, he couldn't imagine what would happen.

Compared to the unknown horrors of tomorrow, the evil spirit attached to Ji Lianyun didn't seem so terrifying after all.

After hesitating for a moment, Tang Ning carefully leaned down and whispered in Ji Lianyun's ear, "Husband, when will you wake up?"

Ji Lianyun's eyes were closed, his pale face devoid of any color, like a piece of paper. His lips were tinged with a hint of blood, leaving a glaring trace as if a pen dipped in cinnabar had left its mark on rice paper.

It was red, ominous, and sinister.

Tang Ning only glanced at it once before tremblingly withdrawing his gaze, his weak voice continuing to murmur in Ji Lianyun's ear, "Husband, please wake up soon, okay?"

"Husband, I'm so scared here all alone."

"..."

It seemed like there was a faint movement in the silent room, and Tang Ning quickly looked towards Ji Lianyun's body. Even the eyelashes were motionless, there was no sign of movement.