Chapter 35

Tang Ning stood nervously, locking eyes with Qi Yun. His thoughts struggled in fear until Qi Yun shifted his gaze away, leaving him frozen in place.

"Teacher, could you please check his injuries?" Tang Ning overheard Qi Yun telling someone.

The NPC in the infirmary immediately addressed Tang Ning, "Classmate, please have a seat."

Pushing aside Gu Ming, Tang Ning sat dazed in the chair. "How did you get such severe injuries?" the NPC inquired.

Meanwhile, Gu Ming cautiously approached, feeling a growing sense of alarm as he realized the danger posed by this NPC surpassed all the monsters he encountered in previous instances.

How could this be?

A Class C instance—how could such a formidable presence exist?

Was it a mistake with his card?

Gu Ming claimed to have a Gypsy card, but in reality, it was a "Half Gypsy" card.

[Half Gypsy Card Setting 1: You are half Gypsy with a strong sixth sense; use it wisely, even though it may be inconsistent.]

[Half Gypsy Card Setting 2: If you find a crystal ball, you'll possess true intuition.]

Struggling to maintain composure, Gu Ming pressed against the wall, eager to avoid Qi Yun.

Glancing back, Gu Ming saw Qi Yun placing a hand on Tang Ning's waist.

Whether Qi Yun's fingers were too slender or Tang Ning's waist too delicate, Qi Yun's hand covered it completely.

Gu Ming halted.

He clearly witnessed Qi Yun leisurely massaging Tang Ning's waist.

The once straight posture softened, like water melding into Qi Yun's broad palm. Without Qi Yun's support, the supple body seemed ready to collapse.

Zhou Chuan tugged Gu Ming's hand, urging him to leave.

Gu Ming stared fixedly at that restless hand.

His gaze moved inch by inch upward, revealing the marks on Tang Ning's neck, deliberately created.

Did this guy do it?

With difficulty, Gu Ming shifted his gaze from the inch of skin, meeting Qi Yun's eyes.

Qi Yun, who had turned his head unnoticed, stared coldly at him. His handsome appearance remained unchanged, but it conveyed a profound sense of transformation, like a massive beast opening its eyes, scrutinizing the daring intruder.

An intense feeling of impending danger paralyzed Gu Ming, held in place by that gaze. Zhou Chuan gritted his teeth and pulled Gu Ming away.

They swiftly exited the medical room's door, and Zhou Chuan didn't even allow Gu Ming to ride his bike. He pulled Gu Ming forward continuously.

Despite the midday sun, Gu Ming felt no warmth whatsoever. His entire body was like ice until he completely left Qi Yun's line of sight. Only then did he regain awareness, his tense body drenched in cold sweat, as if just pulled out of water.

Leaning against the wall, Zhou Chuan's hand trembled slightly. "Please don't tell me that the NPC you said you'd track for Tang Ning was that guy."

Gu Ming remained motionless.

Zhou Chuan grabbed his other trembling hand, expressing deep concern, "When I pulled you away just now, I thought that hand was about to be—"

Torn off!

Despite being a Hunter cardholder, at that moment, he felt like prey.

Zhou Chuan took a deep breath and solemnly advised, "Gu Ming, I urge you not to provoke that NPC. It's only the second day, and two out of the six of us have been affected. Song Lin is missing, and Du Fei has been insisting we eat the breakfast it brought."