Chapter 94

In the midst of Lin Yun's shocked gaze, Tang Ning smiled subtly with his lips pursed.

He knew why he could so naturally bring up Qi Yun. Upon closer consideration, monsters are terrifying, but when the monster turns into Qi Yun, it seems not so scary after all.

That shadow, which would wave at him every time he ascended a floor, as if it had been waiting for him for a very, very long time, only to become incredibly jubilant the moment it finally saw him.

As the car entered the tunnel, in the fleeting moment of light and shadow interplay, the window seemed to reveal the side profile of a man stretching his neck gracefully. Tang Ning turned his head, only for the window to return to its utter darkness, as if Tang Ning had seen it wrong.

"Is it you coming?" Tang Ning's voice was very soft, not raising in pitch, yet it carried a kind of gentle closeness that was unmistakable.

The temperature inside the entire car dropped rapidly, the driver's hands trembling slightly as he steered, "Isn't the air conditioning off? How come it's so cold in the middle of summer?"

Tang Ning glanced at the driver, still a mortal, and then made a silencing gesture towards the pitch-black window, though he was also not sure if the reflection would listen to him.

As the car exited the tunnel and sunlight flooded the cabin, Tang Ning saw Lin Yun breaking out in a cold sweat, far from his initial calm and composed appearance.

When the car reached the entrance of the residential area, Lin Yun left without saying goodbye, just like the driver, both drenched in sweat.

Tang Ning awkwardly looked at his own shadow, not noticing anything unusual.

Actually, by all accounts, this entity should be Qi Yun, or rather, Qi Yun's shadow, right?

Wondering if it could communicate like a normal person.

Tang Ning crouched down, his fingertips touching the shadow, and earnestly said, "I'm going to take you home, and you have to be good because I have a little cat at home. It's very timid, so you mustn't scare it, understand?"

Under Tang Ning's gaze, the shadow nodded.

Wow. They actually followed.

"Is it true that if someone makes me comfortable, and I see them, you will take care of that person?"

The shadow continued nodding.

"That's too much, though. Even though I indeed felt comfortable, their crimes don't warrant this." Tang Ning pointed at the shadow.

The shadow neither nodded nor shook its head, its demeanor somewhat pitiful.

"Like, if I saw you and suddenly felt comfortable, and I wished you'd disappear, would you feel the same?"

The shadow shook its head swiftly, leaving a trail of afterimages.

Communication was still possible.

Thinking about it, the shadow always took its duties seriously according to the rules, even among monsters it was a peculiar one!

"Then, do you intend to do this again next time?" Tang Ning asked gently.

The shadow nodded.

Tang Ning: "?"

"You mean you know it's wrong, but you'd dare to do it again?" Tang Ning's eyes widened.

The shadow continued nodding.

Tang Ning slowly brought a hand to his forehead, suddenly at a loss for words.

Right, the shadow indeed acted according to the rules, even if those rules were flawed, it would stubbornly enforce them.