Chapter 40

The ringing of the bell signaled the beginning of the class. It was the math teacher's turn, passionately spewing saliva from the podium. Below, Gu Ming and Tang Ning exchanged notes.

Gu Ming: "Yesterday, Zhou Chuan and I explored almost half the toilets in this school. We found countless corpses in some abandoned restrooms. However, when we went through student records, very few had actually violated school rules and been documented."

Gu Ming: "Initially, we thought the death pattern was linked to breaking school rules. But merely breaking rules wouldn't lead to so many deaths, not even the demise of the math teacher."

Gu Ming: "Zhou Chuan and I believe there might be a hidden murder pattern with the monsters. This pattern may be related to the deaths of Song Lin Su, Li Cheng An, and Du Fei. My intuition tells me the real danger lies in this hidden pattern, but currently, we can't deduce what it is."

Upon seeing Gu Ming's speculation, Tang Ning couldn't help but brighten up, his muddled mind suddenly awakened. He could only echo, "That makes a lot of sense."

Gu Ming continued with a serious expression, "Last night was supposed to be a certain death crisis. You helped us cleverly navigate through it. Card games emphasize balance, so Zhou Chuan and I believe there might be another crisis of equal difficulty coming up. We just don't know when it will happen—maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe the next second!"

"So, we must accelerate our progress in exploring information! Gather everything we can before danger strikes!"

At this moment, Tang Ning, like a student motivated before an exam, felt a surge of enthusiasm. However, after two seconds of excitement, he weakly asked, "Can I do anything?"

A mix of frustration and confusion enveloped him. Tang Ning felt useless; without Gu Ming and Zhou Chuan, he would probably lack direction, merely letting Qi Yun control him.

It seemed almost the same now, being manipulated by Qi Yun.

His head ached.

Tang Ning held his temples, looking at the exam paper. Black ink on white paper, teeth and claws bared, seemingly mocking him.

Unconsciously biting his finger hard, the needle-like pain pierced his chaotic mind, and his pale pink finger turned slightly red.

A new note was passed: "You are crucial to our team! We want to see that diary you mentioned; perhaps it holds crucial information. More importantly, you can inquire with Qi Yun. If there's a chance, we hope you can find out why the original 'Tang Ning' was bullied."

There were too many shameful things in the diary, a veritable dark history. But everyone knew it was written by the original "Tang Ning," and as long as he didn't repeat the embarrassing mistakes, it should be fine.

Moreover, helping the team was genuinely good!

The morning passed quickly. Gu Ming continued exploring toilets during lunch, while Zhou Chuan followed Tang Ning and Qi Yun.

Walking side by side with Qi Yun, Tang Ning's mind was filled with what Zhou Chuan had told him.

Zhou Chuan said their exploration today involved separating Qi Yun from the umbrella in sunlight. He had pondered all night on how to achieve it, suddenly thinking of a perhaps viable solution. However, he didn't know if Tang Ning would be willing to do it.

Willing to contribute to the team, Tang Ning nodded without hesitation. But upon hearing Zhou Chuan's plan, he was completely stunned, unable to recover even now.

Zhou Chuan said there might be a method to get rid of Qi Yun's umbrella.

"You need to stand in an open space without any buildings covering it, directly exposed to sunlight."