Chapter 56

Tang Ning didn't expect this answer, but Ji Lianyan's response seemed indifferent.

His mind was in turmoil, still without a clear strategy, and Ji Lianyan had a firm grip on his other leg.

A scalding palm enveloped his sole, as if branding his foot.

Terrified, Tang Ning instinctively recoiled into the bed, but Ji Lianyan's strength surpassed his efforts. As Tang Ning struggled, Ji Lianyan effortlessly pulled his leg back.

"Don't... please," Tang Ning panicked, unsure of what to say. Calling Ji Lianyan by name would likely displease him, and addressing him as a husband would only boost his arrogance.

Ji Lianyan's hand, long and slender, easily grasped both of Tang Ning's thin ankles. Tearful eyes filled with confusion, Tang Ning couldn't comprehend why Ji Lianyan suddenly released one hand.

Then he saw Ji Lianyan pick up the red belt from the bed with the free hand.

The thin belt had been tight around Tang Ning for too long, leaving a lingering pain on his skin. As Ji Lianyan held the dangling belt, Tang Ning's body instinctively trembled, his waist losing strength, the red mark itching.

In Tang Ning's frantic gaze, Ji Lianyan gently wrapped the belt around Tang Ning's feet, the red complementing the ankles in an indescribable allure.

"No! Don't do this!" Terrified, Tang Ning pulled his foot back, but the strength difference with Ji Lianyan was too great. He couldn't fathom how Ji Lianyan, who was recently weak, now possessed such strength.

As he struggled, his foot touched Ji Lianyan's clothes, and his weak legs trembled, unable to withstand even a slight stimulus.

If a feather lightly brushed his soles, just once or twice, would this person break down and be unable to speak?

No, feathers shouldn't be used.

Ji Lianyan's slender middle finger gently stroked the sole, slowly sliding to the toes. The initially weak legs violently struggled in his hands, the base of the legs trembling. Buried in the red bedding, Tang Ning emitted a desperate moan.

"This is called the Hidden White Point," Ji Lianyan said solemnly, massaging the base of Tang Ning's toes. "Pressing here is good for the body, but you're struggling too much. It's not good—"

As he spoke, Ji Lianyan tied a knot with the red ribbon around Tang Ning's ankle. The bound legs continued to struggle, and the snow-white skin was faintly tinted with warmth by the red ribbon.

"Lady, you look so fitting in red," Ji Lianyan's tone revealed an undisguised infatuation.

Tang Ning exerted all his strength to lift his leg, his bridal attire mostly undone. The bending motion caused the loosely draped dress to slip, revealing his rounded shoulders.

Ji Lianyan's gaze deepened as he watched.

The intrusive look seemed to physically land on his shoulders. Tang Ning shrank one shoulder, hastily pulling up his clothes with one hand and tremblingly trying to untie the knot on his foot with the other. However, having drunk a cup of wine, he had no strength, and for a moment, he couldn't untie it.

Tang Ning, in desperation, cried. His fingertips were rubbed red by the strap, and as he struggled to untie the knots with both hands, he saw another red belt—

Pulled from Ji Lianyan's festive attire.

The three-finger-wide belt was held by Ji Lianyan, his voice warm and magnetic, sounding quite amiable. "Lady, where do you think this belt suits to be tied on you?"