Chapter 107

Tang Ning was somewhat bewildered.

Shao Mingyue spoke as if he himself was not human.

But before Tang Ning's mind could catch up, Shao Mingyue's lips approached his ear, whispering, "Look at the watch the Taoist priest is wearing."

Tang Ning followed his gaze. The Taoist priest, Zhu Daoshi, wore a robe with long sleeves that made it difficult to notice what was on his wrist unless one looked closely. Only when Zhu Daoshi flicked his dust whisk, the watch would briefly become visible.

"That watch is worth several hundred thousand," Shao Mingyue said softly.

Tang Ning strained his eyes. He was unfamiliar with the watches of this world, but the watch indeed looked expensive.

"Now, look at his shoes."

The polished leather shoes peeked out from under the robe, "Those shoes are also worth tens of thousands."

Tang Ning seemed to grasp something, albeit not very clearly.

"People pray to Buddha for money, power, 'desire,' life, and fame," Shao Mingyue's thin lips brushed past Tang Ning's ear, almost kissing the snow-white earlobe. Tang Ning shivered and instinctively turned away, his ears turning red as he looked at Shao Mingyue.

Shao Mingyue's glasses reflected a dense crowd of silhouettes, twisted and elongated. Behind those glasses, his eyes were cold yet calm, and even though his lips curved in a smile, it seemed not to reach the depths of his eyes. "Guess what he's praying for?"

Tang Ning stared blankly at Zhu Daoshi, viewing people and events from a perspective he had never tried before. Zhu Daoshi and the village chief were discussing the temple's construction details, such as materials, manpower, and costs. Zhu Daoshi, who usually spoke in complex terms, suddenly switched to plain language.

Thinking it over, Zhu Daoshi talked a lot, but in the end, it seemed he was only taking on the temple construction project.

"People are really something," Shao Mingyue sighed, and just like that, the originally divine-looking Zhu Daoshi seemed to shed his glamorous exterior.

Tang Ning seemed to understand what Shao Mingyue was laughing at, yet he felt that Shao Mingyue wasn't just laughing at that.

Shao Mingyue had told him so much, each word unraveling the truth, only revealing the side he wanted to show.

With that thought, Tang Ning felt his thoughts deepened. Then, he thought, hadn't he always known this guy was pretending? The inner shell he couldn't see before, he still couldn't see now.

Thinking this, Tang Ning couldn't help but stare at Shao Mingyue. When a hint of guilt appeared in Shao Mingyue's usually composed eyes, Tang Ning finally asked, "You don't have nearsightedness, so why wear glasses?"

Tang Ning didn't like wearing glasses. Even the lightest glasses felt heavy on the nose bridge. Once, Tang Ning wore glasses for styling, and after just over an hour, they left a light red mark on his nose bridge.

After removing the glasses, the discomfort on his nose bridge made Tang Ning feel as if invisible glasses still obscured his vision.

Shao Mingyue's slender fingers gently pulled down the glasses, exposing his unguarded cold black eyes to Tang Ning, sending a visual shock that left Tang Ning frozen, swallowing unconsciously.

Damn it.

Why did he think of Gong Yun?

Shao Mingyue curved his eyes, pushing the glasses back into place, casually saying, "To be likable."