Chapter 73

Here's an extra chapter because you guys seem to really like this one.
----------

Tang Ning was stunned.

This was exactly what he wanted to hear.

What did Ji Lianyun mean by this? Were they both in arranged marriages for their own reasons? How did they suddenly bring up falling in love at first sight?

And isn't falling in love at first sight just superficial attraction?

Staring into Ji Lianyun's deep, affectionate eyes, Tang Ning felt too comfortable.

He had actually encountered many people who fell in love with him at first sight, and those people seemed to have unusually high expectations of him, always imagining him to be shining brightly in other areas just like his appearance.

But Tang Ning knew that, apart from his looks, he was truly worthless.

Those who approached him were all too extreme, either too excellent, making Tang Ning feel inferior, or too abnormal, making Tang Ning avoid them.

Tang Ning looked timidly at Ji Lianyun. He knew he was a very strange person, so strange that he was too suitable for building intimate relationships with others.

How should he say it? He seemed to be best at silently loving someone, keeping that love hidden in his heart, just like he initially felt towards the gentle Ji Lianyun, although he also knew whether it was love or just a filtered version of Ji Lianyun in the dangerous alternate world.

But he thought, in this alternate world, he really did love Ji Lianyun.

He could also sense that Ji Lianyun seemed to like him too. He was willing to keep their relationship in the blurry state of liking, like slightly intoxicated wine, where waking up sober would bring a new day.

This kind of love really needed to be clarified.

But using such affectionate eyes, such affectionate tone...

The overwhelming love suddenly became sharp-edged, revealing its edge, making Tang Ning instinctively want to retreat. If this were the real world, he should skillfully say—

"Thank you very much for your affection, but I'm not currently looking for a relationship. I want to focus on my career, and the company doesn't allow office romances. I'm really sorry."

However, Ji Lianyun was his talisman in this game instance.

"Oh, I see." Tang Ning whispered softly in reply.

Ji Lianyun smiled gently, as if fulfilling his wish with the confession he had just made. He gently touched the wound on Tang Ning's neck, leaving a terrifying red mark on his snowy white neck, like a delicate white cat wearing a red collar.

Tang Ning frowned. The wound hurt even with just a slight touch, causing his eyes to well up with tears.

Originally intending to retract his hand immediately, Ji Lianyun's palm ended up on Tang Ning's cheek, catching the tear drop formed from the mist in his hand.

The crystal-clear tear droplets splattered into even smaller water droplets, seemingly ringing a clear and melodious chime in Ji Lianyun's heart.

It was quite captivating.

Ji Lianyun regained his composure once again.

The person in his arms always gave him a sense of elusiveness, as if slipping away from him in the next second, even though they were already in his embrace, even though they had become intimate, they were still fragile to the point where they could slip away at any moment.