Chapter 47

Have you ever seen paper figures searching for someone?

They stood tall, with paper-mâché feet perched on branches. Handfuls of paper money spilled from their pockets, each piece resembling a pair of swirling eyes!

Bathed in a faint red glow, Tang Ning noticed something descending ahead of the paper money—

The chilly wind pierced through the tattered paper bodies, revealing distinct bamboo strips inside. The red veil lifted with a gentle breeze, exposing the bride's pallid face and rosy cheeks. Her eyebrows were as dark as ink, eyes lacking whites, as if too much ink had spread across them.

The eerie eyes locked onto Tang Ning's.

Two lines of black tears cut through the blush. The paper bride, like a falling kite, lunged towards Tang Ning!

The speed was too fast; Lin Yun stepped back with Tang Ning, the sound of footsteps on dry leaves echoing. All the paper money in the sky rushed towards them as if frozen in place!

So much paper money, like a torrential rain pouring down, and the person within couldn't escape!

Tang Ning felt the hand covering his mouth release, and Lin Yun decisively chose to flee. Tang Ning wanted to run too, but it was too late. The face of the paper bride approached Tang Ning rapidly, tears resembling two black streaks, yet her mouth maintained the subtle smile of a paper figure.

A white sheet peeled off the paper bride, landing with a rustle on Tang Ning's face!

The paper seemed alive; upon touching Tang Ning's face, it eagerly enveloped every inch of his skin, including his nose and lips. Tang Ning reached to peel the paper off, but strangely, it seemed fused to his face, blending into his bones and blood.

As he attempted to tear it off, the pain was as intense as ripping off layers of his own flesh.

Tang Ning, in agony, covered his face. His vision obscured by the paper, he couldn't see anything. The lack of oxygen made everything go dark; the pain in his lungs exploded. Slowly collapsing to the ground, his awareness of the outside world blurred, cold sweat emerging from his exposed skin, glistening like sheep fat on white jade.

A buzzing sound echoed in his ears, like a busy signal or water pouring into his ear. Tang Ning lost sharp awareness of the outside world, sinking as if into seawater.

The pain in his chest turned into a subtle itch, and a bright light gradually appeared in the vast darkness—a gathering of white dots. On the ground lay a figure with missing facial features, covered by a white sheet, drawing more attention to this meticulously crafted body than the absent face.

The gaze involuntarily fixated on this meticulously crafted body.

His slender legs kicked wildly, delicate waist trembling, and each finger forcefully spread open, resembling a butterfly desperately flapping its wings, descending like a fallen spider web.

In the next moment, a pallid hand abruptly seized Qing's jaw, compelling him to lift his head. The face tightly covered by paper outlined his features, revealing the contours as if it were an unfinished but remarkably vibrant painting.

A slender finger firmly pressed against the position of the lips, methodically puncturing the thin paper covering the lips. Oxygen rushed into the mouth; Qing, muffled by the face covering, emitted a faint sob, disregarding the finger in his lips and greedily inhaling fresh air.

A gleam of moisture shimmered on his teeth, and the lips, without needing assistance, fervently parted.

Tang Ning breathed rapidly, emitting uncontrollable, cat-like purring sounds. He still couldn't see anything; his body was numb, almost drowning him in its numbness.