Chapter 55

Tang Ning's eyes widened slightly, a faint mist seeming to coalesce in his clear gaze, ready to transform into cascading vapor at any moment. He attempted to evade the unexpected kiss, but the man in wedding attire reached out, firmly holding the back of his head.

The brisk scent of wine spilled onto Tang Ning's face as he extended his other hand, lowering the red curtains, shielding them from prying eyes.

The sheer fabric descended like rosy clouds, casting vague shadows behind.

"An evening's worth a fortune~" someone exclaimed. "We won't disturb you." Those voices laughed and faded into the distance, leaving the entire bridal chamber eerily quiet, with only the sounds of Tang Ning and the person before him breathing.

Tang Ning tightly pursed his lips, nervously staring at Ji Lianyan.

Initially aware of his impending marriage to Ji Lianyan, Tang Ning never anticipated becoming intimate with Fang. The information he heard about Fang was that of a frail, sickly person who struggled even to walk.

When they first met, Fang did indeed match the rumors of being weak and sickly. Tang Ning had respected him, thinking that if anything were to happen on their wedding night, all he needed to do was refuse, and Fang wouldn't force him.

But now...

The red glow reflected in Ji Lianyan's profound eyes, like a drop of fervent heart's blood, an indescribable undercurrent surging within.

A warm tongue licked Tang Ning's tightly closed lips. The sensation brought an inexplicable familiarity, as if...

As if it was the same feeling when he secretly observed Ji Lianyan through a keyhole for the first time, being licked.

This unexpected move left Tang Ning limp on the bed, like a puddle of water. His eyes were liquid, sweat beads glistened on his nose, and his exhaled breath filled the air with misty dampness.

"Lady is truly intolerant of alcohol," Ji Lianyan remarked, his gaze deepening. His hand ventured towards Tang Ning's belt, tightly secured, outlining the delicate intertwining of fragility and allure in this seemingly feeble yet seductive body, tempting anyone who beheld it.

Tang Ning resisted Ji Lianyan's touch, yet he genuinely unfastened the belt. In that moment, he found himself torn between voicing refusal or allowing Ji Lianyan's actions, the internal struggle evident on his face. His eyes oscillated, seemingly torn between resistance and acceptance.

"You, you..." Tang Ning hadn't decided what to say when those fingers squeezed into the inner edge of the belt, snaking into the flesh. The already tight belt became even tighter, and Tang Ning winced in pain, pleading, "Hurry, untie it."

Ji Lianyan chuckled, "As you wish."

Fingers hooked, finding the knotted spot. It was a knot that required some effort to unravel, yet Ji Lianyan showed no haste. He methodically undid the belt, the fingertips' rhythm transmitting through this stretch of red fabric to Tang Ning's waist.

The waist, bound until now, had become fragile, unable to withstand even a droplet of pressure, let alone Ji Lianyan's tofu-like touch.

Tang Ning's eyelashes trembled a couple of times. He lay helpless on the bed, fingertips constantly shaking, like a flower bud gently swaying on a branch, pressed down by dewdrops.

"Ji... Ji Lianyan."

The man's voice was deep, "Call me husband."

Why did this person speak so formally? Husband, lady, and earlier, reciting poetry. His way of speaking matched his actions, dragging everything out – so annoying!