Chapter 37

Gu Ming discovered some clues in the bathroom, and Zhou Chuan separated from Tang Ning downstairs, preparing to investigate the bathroom with Gu Ming.

Before leaving, Zhou Chuan instructed Tang Ning to act according to the character's design and advised him to look through the diary for more useful information.

Anxiously, Tang Ning arrived at the dormitory door.

Peering through the small window, he caught a glimpse of Qi Yun's figure in the cramped dorm room. Qi Yun seemed to be lying on the bed, revealing only intertwined long legs. A black umbrella rested by his feet.

Tang Ning cautiously opened the door, silently sitting on his own bed.

He heard the sound of Qi Yun drinking water, and afterward, the half-empty mineral water bottle was placed at the foot of the bed.

The location of the mineral water was close to Tang Ning; he could reach it with a simple stretch.

This was the water Qi Yun had drunk.

Tang Ning licked his lips, took out the diary hidden in the mattress, and continued flipping through it, attempting to find reasons for the bullying he faced under the name "Tang Ning."

February 29th, Saturday, overcast.

So painful, why force me to smoke? The smoke choked me; tears streamed down. They laughed even harder when they saw me cry. Xu Yunxi took the cigarette from my mouth, made a disgusting face, took a hard puff, and blew smoke rings in my face. I really hate the smell of smoke.

February 20th, Sunday, overcast.

The math teacher was furious, accused me of not doing homework, and punished me to stand in the corridor. I did it, but they threw my homework away, tore it into pieces, and flushed it down the toilet!

Tang Ning's gaze couldn't help but shift from the diary to the mineral water bottle. His lips became even drier, and a voice in his head said, "Take a small sip secretly; you won't be thirsty anymore."

Yes, take Qi Yun's water bottle without him noticing.

Tang Ning involuntarily reached out; his fingertips trembled as they approached the standing water bottle. In that moment, another hand picked up the bottle before him.

"Do you also want some water?" Qi Yun handed the bottle to Tang Ning.

Tang Ning was dumbfounded, mouth slightly open, completely caught off guard.

Qi Yun unscrewed the bottle cap, directed the moist opening towards Tang Ning's reddened lips, and poured the clear liquid. A segment of soft red quivered slightly as Tang Ning choked, more liquid spilling onto his shirt.

Qi Yun looked at Tang Ning's moist lips; he naturally took a sip from the same bottle. His adam's apple moved up and down, displaying a drinking manner that didn't resemble someone with cleanliness issues.

"Why is your face so red?" Qi Yun put down the water bottle. "Are you running a fever?"

Embarrassed, Tang Ning couldn't find words to reply. Qi Yun reached out, touched Tang Ning's forehead, and said, "Maybe it's too hot outside; remember to use an umbrella next time you go out."

"Got it?" Qi Yun locked eyes with Tang Ning's moist gaze.

Tang Ning nodded immediately.

Qi Yun returned to his bed to read, while Tang Ning was still in a daze. He had intended to touch Qi Yun's umbrella, but now he had lost all courage.

As darkness fell, Tang Ning took out his phone to check the messages about Gu Ming's exploration. Gu Ming mentioned it was getting late, and for safety, they needed to return to the dormitory.