Chapter 95

This time, Tang Ning stayed at home. After drawing the card, he didn't rush but instead picked up the delighted cat, buried his face into its belly, and took a deep breath. Then, he vigorously rubbed the cat, basking in its feline essence before he picked up his phone to tap the draw card option.

The card slowly flipped over.

A dark gold border, a deep blue sea, and there, a mermaid princess sat on a rock, singing her heart out. Moonlight poured over her half-human, half-fish form, her elongated tail dipped in the water, surrounded by fish that either were mesmerized by her beauty or her enchanting voice.

【Congratulations, you've obtained the "Mermaid Princess Card"】

【Mermaid Princess Card Setting 1: Your singing voice is so beautiful that even ghosts and goblins can't bear to harm you.】

【Mermaid Princess Card Setting 2: You can only sing once a day. For this one song, you must remain silent at all other times.】

Another S card?!

Tang Ning looked at the cat, named Happy, in shock, and Happy meowed back at him in a seemingly guilty manner.

Considering the cat's fondness for fish, drawing the Mermaid Princess Card after basking in Happy's presence suddenly seemed quite reasonable.

"Card draw, game loading," as the system notification sounded, the cute cat in front of him gradually transformed into a strange little fish. The fish swam agilely in the water, creating ripples that reflected Tang Ning's face. He heard the gentle sound of oars rowing and grabbed onto the side of the boat, only to see a boatman in a straw raincoat steering the boat with an oar.

The river was long and wide, and the narrow boat floated on the water like a withered leaf. Looking ahead, many ancient and quaint houses were built on the opposite bank, with people washing clothes and bathing children by the shore.

Farther away, even more people gathered by the bridge, which appeared to be an ancient one, aged with time, covered in moss and wild grass. Small pits had been carved into each of the bridge's pillars, with people stuffing something into them.

Tang Ning turned to look at the villa and soon saw three other small boats behind him, each with two people aboard. Their attire made it clear they were not from this water village.

“Boom—!!!”

A colossal explosion suddenly reverberated across the entire river! In an instant, water splashed everywhere! The once tranquil surface of the river was now whipped into a frenzy of alarming waves! The small boat Tang Ning was on rocked violently several times, seeming on the verge of capsizing into the water. Panicked, Tang Ning turned around and saw layers of ash-white smoke rolling over the bridge like waves, with large chunks of broken stones clattering into the water. Despite the explosion, the ancient bridge, scarred and battered, still stood defiantly in the water!

That was a bridge demolition!

Tang Ning's ears hurt. In his frail state, the high-decibel noise, combined with the rocking boat, made him feel dizzy and nauseous, almost to the point of vomiting.

"Why are they demolishing the bridge here?" Lin Yun asked proactively.

"The bridge is old and unstable. Moreover, the town's mayor had someone look at it, and the master said the bridge's feng shui was bad, affecting our town's feng shui," the boatman replied leisurely, rowing unhurriedly, seemingly unaffected by the recent demolition.

Unstable?

Tang Ning watched as, after the smoke cleared, people continued to plant explosives in the bridge. Despite having been bombed, the bridge still appeared remarkably sturdy.