Chapter 19

When this issue arose at the hospital, Tang Ning had once asked Old Liu, but at that time, Old Liu's reaction was intense, and the sudden change in his demeanor left an indelible memory for Tang Ning.

As he posed the question again, Tang Ning couldn't help but feel a sudden rush of anxiety. He met Old Liu's dull, lifeless eyes and heard him slowly say, "Yes, dealt with a dead person."

His phoenix-like eyes narrowed slightly, and Mo Yun Chu looked at Old Liu.

Quickly explaining, Tang Ning said, "I didn't ask if you had dealt with a dead person."

Old Liu let out a cold laugh, "Doesn't the funeral car pick up the dead?"

Tang Ning awkwardly smiled, and Old Liu turned away to continue dealing with the chopped meat on the cutting board. The dull sound of chopping meat echoed again, and Old Liu impatiently said, "Any other questions?"

Stepping back, Tang Ning seemed to step on something on the floor. He lowered his head and saw a piece of candy wrapper. Bending down to pick it up, he planned to throw it into the trash, only to discover many candy wrappers and empty drink bottles inside.

"Does Master Liu like sweets?"

Old Liu's tone remained steady, "Don't like them."

"Why did Master Liu buy so much candy?" Tang Ning thought of Mr. Hao's solution and tentatively asked, "Did Mr. Hao ask you to do this?"

Old Liu's hands paused in chopping meat, "How do you know about him?"

"Oh, Director Lin told me about Mr. Hao." Tang Ning suspected a connection between Old Liu and the ghost infant. Had Old Liu also provoked the ghost infant, and Mr. Hao gave him a similar solution?

Or did this method work for many ghosts?

Deciding to probe further, as Mo Yun Chu was present and Tang Ning couldn't discuss supernatural matters openly with him, Tang Ning discreetly moved away from Mo Yun Chu. He approached the motionless Old Liu and whispered, "Mr. Hao said that as long as you turn the candy into a ghost child, then sew it into the leg of a doll it possessed, it will be grateful to you and won't harm you anymore."

While speaking, he kept glancing back at Mo Yun Chu, worried that Mo Yun Chu might notice their conversation. Seeing Mo Yun Chu inspecting other items in the room, Tang Ning breathed a sigh of relief and locked eyes with the stern gaze of Old Liu.

Old Liu, who had been chopping vegetables with his back to Tang Ning, had turned his head at some point, fixing his lethargic eyes on Tang Ning. The drooping eyelids opened, and in the dim light, a chilling glint reflected.

"What does that doll look like?" Old Liu asked slowly.

Feeling a tingling sensation from the intense stare, Tang Ning whispered, "Legs broken, two eyes sewn with black buttons."

Before he could finish speaking, Old Liu suddenly said, "Get lost."

Tang Ning froze, seeing Old Liu's rigid face forming deep furrows, and intense emotions seemed ready to tear that face apart.

"Get lost!" Old Liu's expression, under the glaring light, appeared particularly fierce and sinister. He crazily shouted, "Get the hell out! I told you to get lost!"

Panicking, Tang Ning turned and ran. Mo Yun Chu shielded Tang Ning, politely saying to Old Liu, "Mr. Liu, there's ten million in this card, and the password is six zeros."

"Get lost!" Old Liu's emotions were exceptionally agitated. He grabbed a kitchen knife from the cutting board and wildly swung it towards Mo Yun Chu while screaming, "Get lost! Get the hell out!!!"