Chapter 105

At the moment when Shao Mingyuan voiced his agreement, the peculiar quietness of the town was shattered. The young people spoke up one after another: "Yeah, that tourist named Tang Ning was indeed right." "Zhang Yun, this kid, actually saved someone without making a fuss. If this were outside, you might have earned a bravery award!" "Dad, why did you grab the mayor's collar just now? How did we manage to pay the tuition this year? Wasn't it the mayor who said he would develop tourism in our town so we could go to school outside?"

They persuaded their elders one by one. The more stubborn elderly didn't speak, but they also didn't clamor for the ceremony to be restored. Often, some people only had a little negative emotion, but when they were surrounded by negativity, that bit of malice would be infinitely magnified. Emotions are contagious, especially the contagiousness of negative emotions is particularly strong.

Most people had now snapped out of their frenzy, except for Aunt Zhang, who had just awakened. She woke up in pain, looked at Zhang Shunping with a mournful gaze, and said, "Shunping, what happened to him?!"

Zhang Shunping, tied up like a hog, looked in the direction where Tang Ning was. Only, Shao Mingyuan stood in front of Tang Ning. Zhang Shunping locked eyes with Shao Mingyuan, then immediately lowered his head, prostrating on the ground, letting out a whimper.

The mayor walked up to Zhang Shunping, the livor mortis still visible on his body. A person who should have died had reappeared in a bizarre way in the world.

"Shunping, do you remember who it is?" the mayor asked in a low voice.

Zhang Shunping rolled his eyes and raised his swollen, bluish face. "Uncle Zhong."

Even the experienced mayor couldn't help but feel his scalp tingling at this moment. He didn't communicate further with Zhang Shunping, instead, he turned to the others and said, "You guys keep an eye on him, don't let him 'act up' again. You, go help Aunt Zhang to Uncle Er's place to treat her wounds."

Tang Ning stood beside Shao Mingyuan, cautiously peering out. He glanced around at the people, giving an extra look to those who met his gaze, but once done, everyone went their separate ways.

Unlike Zhang Yun, the young man didn't avoid eye contact with him, as if he had a lot to say.

Just as Tang Ning wanted to smile at Zhang Yun, Shao Mingyuan happened to turn around. He lowered his head, and that striking profile stunned Tang Ning. Shao Mingyuan's features, from his forehead to his nasal bridge, were well-defined. The gold-rimmed glasses perched on his high bridge of the nose slid slightly down, with half of his eyes concealed by the lenses, while the other half revealed a deep, somewhat oppressive gaze. "When you spoke just now, it was as if you were glowing."

The slightly cheesy line coming from Shao Mingyuan's mouth, coupled with his focused gaze, suddenly seemed particularly sincere.

Tang Ning felt a bit embarrassed and pursed his lips, giving a shy smile. He thought it must be the blessing of the mermaid princess card. If he spoke like that in reality, surely not as many people would be willing to listen to him.

But Shao Mingyuan was an NPC, and the effect of this card was not convenient to explain. Tang Ning could only smile sheepishly, thinking that if it weren't for Shao Mingyuan's encouragement earlier, he might have lost the courage to continue speaking after just getting started. So, Tang Ning whispered, "Thank you for holding my hand just now."

Because he had spoken a lot before, Shao Mingyuan behaved quite normally this time, so Tang Ning didn't specifically type on his phone but directly expressed his gratitude to Shao Mingyuan in a soft voice.

Completely soft, like a little cat gently rubbing against someone with its head, lying obediently on its side, revealing its snowy white belly.

Shao Mingyuan's pupils contracted, and his slender, powerful hand instinctively grasped Tang Ning's hand. The grip wasn't too strong, but it wasn't weak either. Tang Ning subconsciously pulled his hand back, but didn't break free.