Chapter 31

"I'm at the breakfast stall," Qi Yun's voice came through the phone with some distortion, "Do you want me to bring you breakfast?"

"Help!" Tang Ning stared at the crowded small window, continuously retreating. He was trembling imperceptibly. As he stepped back, he felt a chill beside him, as if a cold wind was blowing. Tang Ning stiffly turned his head, suddenly realizing that the bathroom door had opened at some point!

"What?" Qi Yun's voice was the only comforting presence in this eerie environment. Tang Ning clutched his phone tightly, as if holding onto a lifeline, and trembled, "Can you come to my dorm?"

Suddenly, there was a series of banging sounds in the corridor, as if something was violently hitting the room doors!

Tang Ning stared in horror as the faces pressed against his door remained unchanged, lips frozen in an eerie curve.

It wasn't his room being hit.

It was the adjacent dorm!

"One minute," Qi Yun's voice calmly declared.

"Bang! Bang!! Bang!!!" The banging grew louder, almost exceeding Tang Ning's heart's capacity to bear.

What truly made Tang Ning struggle for breath was the pairs of eyes behind the door and windows. Black pupils, small as pinpoints, held an eerie gaze, hinting at hidden fear, as if they saw something terrifying behind him!

What was behind him?

A terrifying speculation arose, and Tang Ning, with a sense of dread, covered his eyes. A faint whisper escaped his throat, "Qi Yun."

"Fifty seconds," Qi Yun seemed to be running, footsteps and wind audible through the phone.

"Boom!!!" The thunderous collapse echoed through the corridor, followed by the rapid footsteps, as if a group of people were moving swiftly.

The urgent footsteps halted in front of his door. "Open the door!"

It was an entirely unfamiliar voice.

Tang Ning took a small step back, then suddenly froze in place.

Was safety really behind him?

"Open the door!" The voice grew more impatient!

Tang Ning subconsciously recalled his experiences in the first few game levels, where he was repeatedly deceived by ghosts. Nervously standing in place, he kept repeating Qi Yun's name, softly and urgently, with a hint of a sob in his voice.

"Thirty seconds," Qi Yun's voice, now possessing a reassuring strength, calmly declared.

Someone outside seemed to curse, "Hurry up and leave, don't mind him!"

"No!!"

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" Something viciously slammed against the door, the old door creaking under the strain. The impact sounded more ruthless with each strike, breaking through like a relentless force!

"Twenty seconds." The rapid footsteps sounded like someone climbing stairs.

"Bang!" The door suddenly burst open, the door panel hitting the wall with a loud bang.

Tang Ning wanted to turn and run, but he didn't know where to go.

Heavy breathing reached him, and a hand, tense and sweaty, grabbed Tang Ning's wrist forcefully. "Run!"

It was a clear, youthful voice.

A warm hand forcefully pulled Tang Ning's hand away from his eyes. "I'm Gu Ming!"

Tang Ning, in confusion, opened his eyes to see an anxious and handsome young man.

Gu Ming?

The player who created the group?