Chapter 92

Lin Yun's gaze faltered, mirroring the uncertainty of a delicate kitten faced with an unexpected visitor at its doorstep, tentatively nudging the prey it had brought—a lifeless giant python—with its pristine pink paw pads.

Beside him, Tang Ning's murmurs persisted like a distant echo, "But when I departed, there seemed to be a glitch in the reflection, and I'm unsure if the rules have shifted since."

Lin Yun stared at Tang Ning in disbelief.

Prior to this moment, clandestine discussions had swirled about the identity of the player who had conquered the haunted depths of the game.

A player capable of reclaiming life from the brink of a collapsing game was unquestionably formidable; such was the unanimous sentiment among them.

The collapse of the game implies that the core NPC within the game has lost control. This NPC can be humanoid or even supernatural, and the methods of losing control are diverse. For example, Lin Yun knew of a ghostly NPC that, before losing control, followed a specific pattern of killing. After losing control, this NPC simply wanted to slaughter all living beings, becoming an unbridled killing machine.

How exactly did Tang Ning manage to escape from such a collapsing game? What cards does he hold? And what are the unknown rules?

Under Lin Yun's scrutinizing gaze, Tang Ning opened his phone's memo app, reviewing his schedule with a furrowed brow. "But lately, I've been so busy with filming during the day that I haven't had time to go to the school. If I want to make time, it'll have to be at night."

Although it was a multimillion-dollar deal, it wasn't ideal to casually ask for leave from the regular director.

Having unexpectedly deciphered Tang Ning's thought process, Lin Yun's expression grew more complex. They settled on a time, and Lin Yun also provided Tang Ning with the contact information for the director.

After a hearty hotpot meal, Lin Yun hailed a cab to escort Tang Ning back to his residential compound. Tang Ning's nerves were on edge throughout the journey home, still shaken by a previous encounter with the supernatural. Sensing Tang Ning's unease, Lin Yun sought to reassure him, saying, "The game I just played didn't collapse. Even if there were supernatural intrusions, they were minor, like encountering a mere sheet of paper. It's highly unlikely for formidable entities like Gong Yun's level of monsters to appear."

At the mere mention of Gong Yun, Tang Ning, who had been absentmindedly rubbing his stomach, froze in place.

Lin Yun astutely picked up on Tang Ning's subtle reaction but chose not to dwell on it. "I ventured into a B-grade game, establishing some cause and effect with the monsters inside, so weaker ones may come after me. However, you've only completed three games. Unless the other two you played collapsed, you shouldn't expect many monsters knocking at your door."

Having offered his reassurances, Lin Yun observed Tang Ning's expression stiffen further.

"My first game was one that Mo Yunchu created," Tang Ning whispered.

A chill accompanied by the cold wind seeped through the car window, blowing over Tang Ning and Lin Yun.

"On the very night I entered the game, I encountered a ghostly woman in white during a variety show recording. But after I gave her some prop money, it seemed like she spared me," Tang Ning said uncertainly.

Frowning at his words, Lin Yun searched online and quickly found a paranormal intrusion incident.

[The Ghostly Hitchhiker]

A series of bizarre deaths occurred in City A, with victims of all ages and walks of life. The only similarity among them was the appearance of a white-clad woman waving for a ride, captured on dashcams.