Chapter 28

Tang Ning abruptly woke from a bizarre illusion, gasping for breath as he anxiously gazed at Song Lin Su.

Song Lin Su looked at him strangely. "What's wrong?"

Bending down, as if to get a closer look at Tang Ning, he joked, "Feeling unwell?"

Tang Ning quickly retreated, falling onto the bed with raven-black hair splayed on the sheets. Despite his pale complexion and dark under eyes, collapsing on the bed gave an impression akin to observing an oil painting.

As if it weren't coarse bedding surrounding him, but blooming roses.

"Why retreat so suddenly?" Song Lin Su teased. "I'm not going to devour you."

Clutching the sheets, Tang Ning's voice strained, "I'm just tired."

Song Lin Su stared at Tang Ning for a while before smiling, "Then, I won't disturb you."

With his gaze averted, Song Lin Su walked to his own bed, the screen's faint glow illuminating his face. At this moment, he seemed perfectly normal.

They say some people die without knowing they're dead.

Those who know can't warn others.

Otherwise, something terrifying might happen.

"What's going on, system?" Tang Ning asked, supporting his weakened body.

"It's your roommate, Song Lin Su."

Roommate? Does that mean, even if he temporarily leaves the dorm, he'll have to come back and live with Song Lin Su after nightfall? And for the next seven days?

Tang Ning couldn't accept this reality, feeling lost and swallowing air like a dying fish.

"Tang Ning," suddenly, Song Lin Su looked up.

Tang Ning stared at him, eyes wide, like a startled animal, showing a fierce gaze of vigilance towards unknown danger, yet no fierceness could hide the tears in his eyes.

"Check the group chat," Song Lin Su said.

Still staring, Tang Ning reluctantly took out his phone. After nervously mistyping his password twice, he unlocked it and found a group message: "You have a message from Class 12, Grade 3."

Entering the group chat, he saw a person named "Gu Ming" saying, "Anyone want to play a card game? I've created a group chat."

It was clearly a gamer-initiated group. Tang Ning applied to join, and the question was, "Please state a rule about card games."

He casually mentioned a rule he remembered and was quickly approved by the administrator.

[You have joined the group]

Gu Ming: "Great, now all six players are here. I was worried about casualties with Class C difficulty right from the start."

Tang Ning's heart skipped a beat as he nervously glanced at Song Lin Su on the adjacent bed.

Song Lin Su smiled, "See, if I hadn't reminded you to join the group, you would've missed everyone's messages."

It sounded so kind. Yet he was sure Song Lin Su was already dead!

Only when a teammate dies can you pick up their card.

Gu Ming: "Friends, under Class C difficulty, it's best for us to work together. I suggest everyone share the information we gather in the group to increase our survival rate."

Gu Ming: "I'll start by sharing some information. Around midnight, the dormitory will be checked. The difficulty of nighttime dungeons is usually higher than during the day. I think there might be issues at that time, so stay alert."