Chapter 2

The information overload that flooded his head left Tang Ning bewildered.

Strange bus, a game, ghost babies, dungeons, survive for seven days...

These terms seemed familiar.

In a flash, Tang Ning recalled the terms from the mobile app's game agreement, the one he hadn't bothered to read due to its length.

In disbelief, Tang Ning exclaimed, "Did I enter the dungeon because of that card game?!"

"Yes," replied a cold male voice.

Panicking, Tang Ning hurriedly asked, "Can I quit the game?"

The voice replied, "After exiting the game, due to irregular sleep patterns and physical weakness, the player will instantly die."

Tang Ning, confused, asked, "What?!"

"Winning the card game can avoid a deadlock. Would the player like to exit the game?"

Realizing he had no choice, Tang Ning hesitated.

Fearing the system's ominous consequences, he carefully observed the person in front of him, Mo Yunchu. Was he an NPC in the dungeon? Were they supposed to be in a romantic relationship? But Tang Ning was a straight male...

Tang Ning could only nervously glance at Mo Yun chu. Mo Yun chu's dark, profound eyes resembled the vast sea under the night sky, the pupils reflecting a glimmer of headlights, much like moonlight scattered on the shimmering sea surface-a deep affection capable of drowning people. 

Even though Tang Ning had encountered countless handsome men and beautiful women in the entertainment industry, Mo Yun chu's impeccable charm left him stunned for a moment.

"Players should avoid breaking character in dungeons. Adhering to the character's traits improves survival chances. Deviating may lead to NPC suspicion and trigger a chain reaction."

Tang Ning cautiously inquired, "What chain reaction?"

"Including but not limited to being sent to a mental hospital for treatment and turning your relationship with NPCs hostile."

Understanding the importance of adhering to character traits, Tang Ning asked, "What's my character?"

The male voice paused, then replied, "You are delicate and frail, seeking refuge in a powerful male. You are fickle, breaking up with your ex but enticing other men."

Shocked, Tang Ning questioned, "Am I really that bad?"

The voice remained silent.

Nervously, Tang Ning turned to Mo Yunchu. Unsure how to act as Momo's lover, he dared not make eye contact. 

Tang ning didn't know how to act as Mo Yun chu's lover. He was famous in the entertainment industry for being a wooden beauty and his acting skills were terrible. However, he knew that under such circumstances, he couldn't make eye contact. Otherwise, it would be like a close-up camera and he would be publicly executed.

Tang ning lowered his eyes in panic as he threw himself into Mo Yun chu's arms. He wrapped his arms around Mo Yun chu and pressed his ear against Mo Yun chu's chest. He could clearly hear Mo Yun chu's powerful heartbeat. 

Panic-stricken, he nestled in Momo's arms, feeling his powerful heartbeat and warmth.

"I love you," Tang Ning whispered, attempting to play his part.

Mo Yunchu embraced him, his touch warm and calloused. Tang Ning, feeling the warmth, wondered if his exaggerated reaction was influenced by the "delicate and frail" character setting.