Chapter 21

Having only read the first sentence in the diary, Tang Ning felt a chilling sensation down his spine.

He glanced at the date again, July 22nd. It was his first day in this simulation, but he arrived on the night of the 22nd. Was this diary originally written by the "Tang Ning" during the day?

Continuing to read, Tang Ning discovered:

"Uncle Zhang told me that any bus driver passing through route 22 would meet misfortune. It's said that over twenty years ago, a pregnant woman hailed four buses midway, but none stopped to help.

In the end, the pregnant woman met a tragic fate, her resentment intensified by dying near a pauper's grave, turning into a vengeful spirit. She harbored hatred toward all drivers passing through route 22.

In his youth, Uncle Zhang's colleague drove on route 22, had a fatal accident, the bus plunging into the river beside the pauper's grave. Since then, none of the drivers on route 22 seemed to have a good fate.

Afterward, bus drivers avoided route 22. The new leader considered it superstitious and planned to reopen route 22. Learning this, I realized it might be a good opportunity.

This bus will take me to the Underworld Station, a realm of death, my long-awaited destination.

Wish me a smooth journey."

The diary concluded with an almost casual and eager tone, as if death was Tang Ning's liberation.

Why would someone pursue death?

Suddenly, Tang Ning realized he knew nothing about the original "Tang Ning." The system claimed "Tang Ning" was delicate, while Uncle Zhang said "Tang Ning" risked his life for video shoots.

But who was the real "Tang Ning"?

Opening "Tang Ning's" channel, the latest submissions featured intense explorations of abandoned hospitals and residential buildings. Eerie structures adorned the covers, and even through the screen, Tang Ning felt fear.

Scrolling down, he reached "Tang Ning's" first video – unexpectedly, a lighthearted and humorous one. The cover showed "Tang Ning" sitting in a warmly decorated room, smiling at the camera, appearing cheerful and bright.

The top comment beneath the video read, "Okay, what happened to the creator in the past year? Went from a healing, silly angel to a supernatural exploration wizard!"

Tang Ning gazed at the "Tang Ning" in the video, suddenly feeling a strange, unprecedented connection. It was as if the person on the screen was another version of himself from a different world.

It should be said that the carefree "Tang Ning" in the first video bears an uncanny resemblance to him.

Clicking to play the video, the young man frozen on the screen began to speak, earnestly narrating the theme of this video: "You might not believe it, but every company I've worked for has had ghostly occurrences."

Even the tone, voice, and choice of words were identical.

"At my first job, my colleagues always felt an inexplicable heat, while I sat closest to the air conditioner, cool as if someone was blowing air on my neck. Not a drop of sweat. Watching my colleagues, all macho, drenched in sweat, I felt uneasy and eventually submitted my resignation."

Subconsciously, Tang Ning leaned his neck against the pillow, cautiously covering both sides of his neck with his hands.

"After I left, my colleagues discovered that our office had mistakenly turned on the underfloor heating at some point."

Danmaku floated by: 【So fake, the main valve of underfloor heating requires special handling, and you need to check before turning it on.】【Even with the air conditioner on, wouldn't your feet get hot?】