Chapter 86

When Ji Lianyun uttered these words, the breath that escaped his lips carried an eerie chill.

Then, the icy, slippery tongue brushed across Tang Ning's eyelids. Tang Ning's eyelashes trembled incessantly, and he even had the illusion of a pair of hands prying open his lips and forcibly probing into his eyes, licking his eyeballs.

Equally icy fingers traced leisurely along the contours of his jawline and neck. The neck, like the eyes, was a vulnerable part of the human body, especially when those cold fingers crawled along his nape like snakes. Tang Ning's scalp instantly tingled, as if a kitten had been seized by the nape, limbs stiffening. Not only that, his mind seemed to freeze in place, taking over ten seconds to slowly process Ji Lianyun's message—

"How, may I ask, can you sincerely become my bride?"

A malevolent ghost posed such a gentle question, as if asking Tang Ning how he could willingly surrender his life to him.

Tang Ning's teeth couldn't help but chatter. He had always been timid, easily getting goosebumps when he saw ghostly images online. And now, there was a living, breathing malevolent ghost, tearing off its seemingly gentle and amiable facade, asking this life-threatening question.

How could he sincerely become the bride of a ghost groom?

He was human. If the ghost groom could always masquerade as a living person, Tang Ning could overcome his fear and grow close to him. But now, the ghost groom was truly more akin to a malevolent ghost. How could he sincerely agree to be a wife to a ghost, unless that ghost was...

Tang Ning's eyelashes trembled slightly.

He absolutely couldn't risk stimulating the precarious rationality of the ghost groom now. Moreover, this statement from the ghost groom seemed like an excellent opportunity to probe what exactly the ghost groom wanted from him.

Many thoughts flashed through Tang Ning's mind. He felt as though he had become a master manipulator, playing with people's hearts. He raised his eyes and met Ji Lianyun's crimson eyes. His small face, which had barely maintained composure, was suddenly wet with tears. "P-please, don't have red eyes!"

It wasn't that Tang Ning was cowardly. Although he wasn't particularly brave, he had at least faced Uncle Wang.

However, Ji Lianyun's red pupils were different from those of ordinary ghosts. Each speck of crimson in his eyes seemed to harbor a chilling terror, as if countless grievances from a sea of blood had condensed into them. Just one glance made Tang Ning's scalp tingle and his whole body tremble.

Upon hearing Tang Ning's words, Ji Lianyun's crimson eyes seemed to tremble with countless tiny particles. Those grain-like red hues gradually changed, eerily turning into black and white.

Although this Ji Lianyun had the eyes of a normal person, there was no expression on his face. His coldness froze Tang Ning's fingertips as if they were turning to ice. Tang Ning dared not meet Ji Lianyun's gaze directly; instead, he looked at Ji Lianyun's nose and trembled, "You've been so kind to me, what exactly do you want?"

He was kind to the ghost groom, hoping to gain the ghost groom's protection. But what about the ghost groom? If he wanted Tang Ning's yang energy, wouldn't that mean he had to suck him dry to break even?

This was also a point of lingering fear and unease in Tang Ning's heart. He feared the irreversible consequences of bedding a malevolent ghost.

"Heart." Ji Lianyun's pale lips parted slightly, as cold as ice. "I want your sincerity."

Sincerity?

Tang Ning hesitated for a moment, his mind filled with a series of terrifying stories about monsters digging out hearts and consuming them. Trembling, he pointed to his left chest. "Are you going to dig it out and eat it?"