Chapter 88

Tang Ning held Gong Yun's hand and ran towards the graveyard, keeping an eye on Lin Yun behind him as he ran, afraid that something unusual might happen with the corpse on Lin Yun's back.

The corpse of Tang Xianheng, with its eyes wide open, looked particularly eerie at the moment, especially when Lin Yun started running. The corpse's mouth opened wide and swayed, its purple tongue trembling, sometimes almost hitting Lin Yun's face.

Tang Ning couldn't help but feel a chill down his spine, admiring Lin Yun's composure.

In the distance, the sounds of intense fighting could be heard. Tang Ning looked back and saw Lin Guijing's arm being torn off and Han Ankang's chest bearing deep scratch marks. Both of them were struggling, and the culprit causing these two players' injuries was Han Yuannian's corpse.

Tang Ning suddenly widened his eyes, not because of the zombie-like Han Yuannian, but because he saw—

The one restraining Han Yuannian turned out to be Grandpa Ji, who was supposed to be dead!

Trembling, Grandpa Ji bound the struggling Han Yuannian with a red rope, while Lin Guijing and Han Ankang helped to restrain him. Seeing Tang Ning and the others approaching, Lin Guijing quickly said, "Han Yuannian suddenly pretended to be dead, and this expert appeared to save us!"

Lin Guijing and Han Ankang had never been to Ji's Village and didn't know that the expert they mentioned was Grandpa Ji. They could see that Lin Yun and Tang Ning seemed uneasy, so despite feeling relieved to have survived, their expressions darkened.

Lin Yun had seen Grandpa Ji acting strangely before, and he also remembered Tang Ning mentioning that Grandpa Ji sacrificed his life to help Ji Ke call back his soul, even instructing Tang Ning not to collect his body before he died.

How could someone who was supposed to be dead suddenly appear here?

No, under the bright sun, there was a figure behind Grandpa Ji.

Could it be that Grandpa Ji hadn't died after all?!

Upon closer inspection, Tang Ning realized that he had never truly confirmed Grandpa Ji's death.

When the soul-calling ended, it was late at night. Tang Ning only knew that there was no movement from Grandpa Ji behind him. Moreover, before Grandpa Ji set off, he said some sentimental words, so Tang Ning mentally prepared himself for Grandpa Ji's death in this soul-calling.

So he subjectively believed that Grandpa Ji was dead.

The next morning, when they went to pick pearls, Tang Ning didn't see the old man's body along the way. But at that time, no one paid attention to these details, and everyone just assumed that the old man was dead.

"Golden Cicada shedding its shell, not bad," Gong Yun suddenly praised lightly.

Tang Ning stared blankly at Grandpa Ji receiving praise from Gong Yun, and suddenly realized that something was very wrong.

Since blood sacrifices were supposed to start with livestock, followed by sacrifices of children, the elderly, and women, after people like those in Ji's Village disappeared, why could Grandpa Ji still appear in the village?

Apart from his eccentricity, Grandpa Ji, this old man, actually emerged unscathed in the chaotic blood sacrifice, and it seemed that his eccentricity was just an act.

"Tang Ning!" Grandpa Ji shouted at Tang Ning, "Now's the perfect opportunity! He has drained all the Yang energy from you, and he's just a facade now. Quickly shake him off and come to me!"

Just a facade?

Tang Ning looked at Gong Yun, who still appeared calm and indifferent, unable to discern his true intentions. His aura was excessively powerful, so powerful that it made people overlook his pale complexion and slightly bluish lips.