Chapter 16

Unknowingly, Tang Ning felt a certain aura of mastery from the person. He quickly caught up and asked, "Senior, why did you choose to be a gravedigger? Can you handle those things?"

The gravedigger replied, "Few tasks, high salary, peaceful, and it comes with accommodation."

At first listen, it seemed surprisingly attractive.

Tang Ning watched as the gravedigger walked towards a small house at the foot of the mountain, even keeping a few chickens in front of the house.

Ignoring the cemetery on the hill, it did indeed seem like an idyllic life.

Tang Ning didn't dare linger in the cemetery. He took a taxi back to the villa, removed the soil from the grave of Lu Yingxing from the bag, placed it in a guest room, and earnestly knelt down as per the instructions of Daoist Hao.

After completing this task, Tang Ning felt a heavy burden lifted from his heart.

Inside the bag were also cotton, fabric, and sewing materials he bought. Everything was ready, waiting only for the reappearance of the cloth doll housing the ghost infant. Once he sewed the doll, he could send away the ghost infant and resolve his longstanding worry.

However, Tang Ning was timid. He didn't wish for the cloth doll to appear right now. Ideally, when Mo Yunchu returned, he could do this task with Mo Yunchu by his side.

Thinking of Mo Yunchu, Tang Ning couldn't help but recall the incident with the bus that Mo Yunchu mentioned this morning. Mo Yunchu said they were on that bus that day. Since he wasn't on the hearse, why did Driver Lao Liu react so strongly when asked about what happened that night?

This matter left Tang Ning with a knot in his heart. Glancing at the time, it was already four in the afternoon. With some time left before nightfall, he didn't want to take action at night. This meant he had only enough time for one more thing this afternoon.

Should he go find Lao Liu, or investigate the bus?

Tang Ning didn't hesitate for too long. He was still afraid of the threats Lao Liu made before leaving. It would be safer to investigate the bus.

Tang Ning called Mo Yunchu and asked for the specific location where the incident with the bus occurred.

"The bus has been taken away and awaits destruction. If you go now, you'll only see a mass grave and not the bus," Mo Yunchu said, puzzled, "What's the matter, why are you asking about this?"

The mass grave.

Just hearing that name made Tang Ning feel frightened.

"It's nothing, this matter sounds quite strange, and I'm a bit curious," Tang Ning replied, aligning with his persona as a paranormal blogger. Mo Yunchu didn't ask further, and they ended the call.

Tang Ning didn't dare to investigate the mass grave on-site. After contemplating for a while, a sudden insight struck him. He realized he could go to the bus company to inquire about information related to Driver Lao Liu, inspired by the investigation he was planning to conduct on Lao Liu.

Tang Ning remembered the license plate number Mo Yunchu mentioned earlier. After checking the local bus company, he hurriedly made his way to the destination.

Initially planning to take a taxi, Tang Ning coincidentally encountered a bus on the way. Thinking he could inquire about the incident with the colleague on the bus, Tang Ning waved for the bus to stop in front of him.

Truth be told, due to the fright Tang Ning experienced on the bus on the first day of the instance, he still had some fear of buses. However, it was broad daylight, and the passengers on the bus seemed like ordinary people. Taking a deep breath, Tang Ning nervously boarded the bus.