Chapter 70

Han Ankang knew that his words had little effect on this NPC. He said to Tang Ning, "Your husband looks very weak, suitable for keeping watch over the deceased. You should let him rest in the room."

Tang Ning understood Han Ankang's intention. Ji Lianyun was the talisman he had managed to find. Was it because keeping watch over the deceased was such a dangerous task that he needed Ji Lianyun by his side?

Looking at Han Ankang, who was sweating profusely, and sensing the hidden fear within him, it seemed as though there was a ferocious beast lurking beside him. Tang Ning hesitated for a moment, then said to Ji Lianyun beside her, "You should go back to the room and rest first."

Besides, Ji Lianyun's health was indeed poor. Having to kneel here for the vigil, Tang Ning worried that after kneeling all afternoon, Ji Lianyun might not have the strength to kneel through the night.

For example, even in broad daylight like now, Tang Ning felt that Ji Lianyun was more needed at night.

Ji Lianyun held Tang Ning's hand, his deep eyes gazing at her. He whispered, "But I want to stay with you."

His voice, lowered to a husky tone, sent tingles down Tang Ning's ears, leaving him slightly disoriented as he glanced at the other players. Han Ankang desperately signaled to him with his eyes, while Lin Yun also noticed the unusual atmosphere, standing behind Han Ankang and nodding. Everyone's expressions seemed just right, and even Tang Ning, usually slow to catch on, realized something.

So Tang Ning turned back to look at Ji Lianyun, carefully choosing his words, and softly said, "You're healthy, but I worry about you. With you by my side, I'll feel much more at ease."

Although he wanted to urge Ji Lianyun to leave, Tang Ning held back and tightened his grip on Ji Lianyun's hand.

"I want to be with you." Ji Lianyun pressed his forehead against Tang Ning's, his deep gaze drawing closer, containing only Tang Ning in its depths. His straight nose brushed against Tang Ning's, and he softly said, "Let me accompany you, alright?"

Tang Ning was almost swayed.

How could Ji Lianyun exhibit such gentle tenderness?

It was as if he had a pet cat that would affectionately rub against him, yes, there couldn't be such a large pet cat—

It was like a pure white cat, retracting its claws, gently rubbing against him, only willing to rub against him.

Feeling a bit embarrassed, Tang Ning subtly moved away from Ji Lianyun's intimacy. After all, they were in a mourning hall, and their teammates around were watching. Tang Ning noticed the approving looks from the other players, especially from Han Ankang, who regarded him with a strange kind of reverence, as if he had done something remarkable.

Tang Ning's face turned away, still held by Ji Lianyun. He kept his gaze lowered, focusing on Ji Lianyun's fingers, each one remarkably attractive. "We'll have plenty of time together in the future."

He lied with a small smile, "Just a little while longer."

In reality, he knew that if he could successfully pass this level, the next six days would be spent with Ji Lianyun.

Thinking about this, Tang Ning also restrained himself from squeezing Ji Lianyun's hand too tightly.

"Yes," Ji Lianyun's voice came softly, carrying a weightless tone. "We'll be together forever."

The word "forever" carried a heavy bite.

And so, this word seemed to bear a profound weight, like two pale tombstones, life and death intertwined, eternal and everlasting.