Chapter 13

Tang Ning instinctively turned away, frantically twisting the doorknob, but the door wouldn't budge.

Trapped in the basement, Tang Ning was engulfed by the eerie silence and chilling atmosphere.

Laughter echoed in the supposed empty room. If Tang Ning barely maintained composure when he first saw the crib, now, hearing the nightmarish childlike laughter, fear surged like a tidal wave.

Trembling, he retrieved a chocolate from his pocket, one hand covering his eyes, the other extending the chocolate forward.

The baby's laughter persisted, and through the gaps, Tang Ning glimpsed a small figure squirming on the crib. It jumped down like a puppy, swiftly crawling toward Tang Ning.

Goosebumps covered Tang Ning; he shuddered, tossing the chocolate aside and desperately turning the doorknob.

"Creak."

The door opened.

Surviving the ordeal, Tang Ning was flooded with joy as he looked at the open door. However, his excitement turned to dread as he faced a tall figure.

It was Mo Yunchu.

Locked in a gaze with Mo Yunchu, Tang Ning was horrified to see that Mo Yunchu had no face.

A head without features rested atop his slender neck.

Suddenly, all the lights in the room went out, plunging it into darkness. Tang Ning's head buzzed; he shivered, nearly collapsing.

The sound of wheels echoed in the spacious basement. Orange-red flames flickered in the dark. Mo Yunchu removed the faceless skin, revealing an incredibly handsome face, illuminated by the candlelight.

Long, enchanting phoenix eyes stared unwaveringly at Tang Ning, exuding a strange charm of evil and allure.

This face, captivating countless young hearts, was now haunting to Tang Ning.

Something brushed against his feet; Tang Ning looked down to find a grotesque version of Annabelle's doll crawling by. Its red lips curled into a smile, and its hollow eyes locked onto him.

With a cheerful tone, Mo Yunchu exclaimed, "Surprise!"

A rich, sweet fragrance filled the air as Mo Yunchu pushed a cart with a birthday cake in front of Tang Ning, saying, "Happy birthday to us, little Ning!"

Staring blankly at Mo Yunchu, Tang Ning's brain struggled to process the overwhelming fear. Mo Yunchu picked up the doll at Tang Ning's feet and presented it to him, saying softly, "I noticed your doll was damaged on the bus. I had this one custom-made for you."

The grotesque doll appeared before Tang Ning, who, with widened eyes, managed to utter, "Throw it away."

Mo Yunchu hesitated for a moment, then, seeing Tang Ning's tears, immediately threw the doll outside. He closed the door, raised his hands, showing nothing, and approached Tang Ning gently, comforting him like a startled animal. "It's thrown away. All gone. Stop crying."

Tears continued to stream down Tang Ning's face; he hadn't noticed Mo Yunchu gradually getting closer. When he realized, Mo Yunchu was already kissing away his tears. Fear evident in his dilated pupils, Tang Ning stammered, "No, don't, you go—"

Mo Yunchu placed a large hand on the back of Tang Ning's head, sealing his trembling lips. Tears glistened in Tang Ning's eyes as he struggled to breathe.

With a hint of fear, Tang Ning forgot how to react to everything happening before him. Mo Yunchu, ending the deep kiss, gazed deeply into Tang Ning's eyes and promised, "I'm not leaving."