Chapter 46

Everyone focused on Uncle Wang's slightly hunched figure and the pitch-black back of his head.

Nothing in front of them had changed.

Except the sky, it had darkened.

Lin Yun parked the car, took out his phone – no signal. Tang Ning and the others also took out their phones, still, no signal.

Poor signal in the mountains was one thing, but having no signal in such a situation was another.

"If I'm not mistaken, this situation is like hitting a wall," Lin Yun took a deep breath. "Hitting a wall has only two outcomes: either we break through, or we exhaust ourselves to death."

Tang Ning nervously asked Lin Yun, "How do we break through?"

"Tying a hemp rope around a dead person's foot is to prevent them from falsely resurrecting and wandering chaotically. If we can re-tie the hemp rope around its foot, it might not wander chaotically anymore," Lin Yun said in a low voice.

"But that's difficult," Ji Ke looked at Uncle Wang's back, "Maybe the moment we touch the hemp rope, it's not tying its foot, but our necks."

Lin Yun didn't deny it; he said in a low voice, “There's another way. My people say that hitting a wall affects vision. Sometimes, closing our eyes might help us walk out, but closing our eyes means we need to abandon the car.”

Ji Ke frowned, “Without an electric tricycle, we won't reach Ji's village in an hour. Maybe it will take two or three hours, and by then, it will be completely dark.”

Darkening in the instance of a copy meant doubling the danger.

“But if we don't abandon the car, we may never get out,” Lin Yun stated the harsh reality.

Abandoning the car and walking might offer a chance to escape the wall, but it was only a chance, not a certainty.

The sound of footsteps rustled in the silence. Tang Ning suddenly looked up and saw Uncle Wang, who had been walking forward, now starting to walk backward!

Still, it was his back to them, his heels to them, but his back seemed to have eyes, ignoring the rough terrain and quickly approaching them!

"Hurry!" Tang Ning's voice was about to scream. In the dim mountain road, seeing a person walking backward with such agility, even if the person was normal, it felt eerie!

Lin Yun and Ji Ke raised their heads simultaneously, both staring intently at Uncle Wang's eerie figure, a chilling sensation crawling up their spines.

"Okay, abandon the car," Ji Ke said coldly.

The moment they made the decision, they got out of the car. Tang Ning had no choice but to follow, just on the first day of entering the copy during the daytime, Tang Ning felt the nightmare difficulty of a B-level copy.

Ji Ke's system provided a map, so Ji Ke walked at the front, Tang Ning in the middle – the safest position, and Lin Yun at the back.

Uncle Wang's backward walking speed was getting faster, and the distance between them was rapidly shrinking!

"No matter what happens, don't open your eyes, don't look back, and preferably, don't speak!"

Lin Yun's hand rested on Tang Ning's shoulder. Tang Ning quickly placed his hand on Ji Ke's shoulder. He closed his eyes, silence prevailed, only the sound of footsteps echoed around.

The ghost had arrived.

A cold breeze blew beside Tang Ning. Drenched in cold sweat, Tang Ning felt like he had plunged into an icy cavern. He tightly grasped Ji Ke's shoulder, for every step Ji Ke took, Tang Ning followed, and Lin Yun behind also took a step.