Chapter 89

Lin Yun was indeed an expert at fleeing, making quick and decisive escapes, darting away like a rabbit, disappearing into the distance in an instant.

Tang Ning grasped Gong Yun's hand, following closely behind Lin Yun. The mountain path was rugged, and he had to be extremely cautious to avoid any missteps.

"Don't run!" "Are you crazy?! Running with a fierce ghost!" came the dissuading voices of Han Ankang and Lin Guijing from behind.

Tang Ning turned around to see two injured patients chasing after them, followed closely by the elderly Grandpa Ji, who was holding a red rope in his hand. At the end of the rope was the struggling body of Han Yuren, like he was walking a dog.

Seeing this scene, Tang Ning couldn't help but chuckle at the irony.

What was this? A chase between the old, weak, sick, and disabled?

Suddenly, the ground beneath his feet gave way, a strong sense of loss engulfed his entire body. Tang Ning leaned forward, about to fall, but at the last moment, Gong Yun tightly held onto his hand. "Be careful."

Tang Ning took a deep breath, his heart pounding hard. He looked back at Gong Yun, noticing that pulling him seemed to have drained Gong Yun's energy, making his already pale face even worse.

But Gong Yun's eyes were bright.

And his downhill speed had not diminished in the slightest, as if he could squeeze out the last ounce of strength from his feeble body, even transmitting it to Tang Ning.

"Mom." They ran a bit out of breath, and this more grounded language made Gong Yun's voice more tangible.

This time, Tang Ning focused on the road, feeling perplexed. When Gong Yun asked, he replied with a somewhat puzzled "Hmm."

"Do you... kind of like it?" Gong Yun asked.

Tang Ning hadn't expected Gong Yun to ask such a question with such intensity.

"You guys, run! Behind us!!!" Lin Yun turned around and suddenly shouted.

Tang Ning glanced back, his scalp tingling as he saw Grandpa Ji actually letting go of the red rope in his hand! The unbound body of Han Yuren pounced on Lin Guijing!

Lin Guijing, who was fully focused on catching up to Tang Ning, was caught off guard and bitten directly on the back of the neck!

"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah!!" Lin Guijing let out a piercing scream.

Tang Ning's heart clenched as he met Grandpa Ji's sinister gaze. Tang Ning inexplicably had a feeling that this old man really wanted to cut his throat.

Panicked, he turned back and ran desperately downhill.

Han Ankang's screams echoed through the desolate hills.

After killing two people in a row, "Han Yuren" underwent a visible change. Its skin turned iron-gray, strange fur grew all over its body, and its canine teeth became unusually sharp, resembling the zombies Tang Ning had seen in movies and TV shows, but much more agile.

The rapid footsteps sounded from behind, pounding like intense drumbeats.

Lin Yun, who ran to the forefront, rushed to a four-wheeled vehicle. He placed Tang Xianheng's body on the car, intending to drive to pick up Tang Ning. But when he looked at Tang Ning, his eyes widened. "Good!"

Tang Ning heard the sharp sound of breaking air and beast-like roars coming from behind. The sense of imminent doom was overwhelming, like a torrential downpour. There was no escape, death seemed inevitable—