Chapter 1: Breaking Out

Me and Phoenix are awoken. A guard takes us harshly, "You will be punished harshly." The guard says anger in his voice. I look at Phoenix with fear.

We were imperators before prisoners. Gone rouge after the Fury Road war. We stayed within the city, stealing for Survival. We were caught stealing, when they noticed who we were, we were immediately being chased. We were to weak at the time and couldn't run fast enough.

I saw movement in the corner of my eye. A man and a woman. They looked extremely familiar. The woman stared back, realizing she's seen us before, she whispered to the man and he looked at us. They seemed to have a plan.

We were put into a new cell waiting to be punished, as there were alot of prisoners, I see the man sneaking this way. The man and the guard starting fighting. The man seemed like a very experienced fighter. He beat the shit out of the guard. He picked the lock and told us to follow him quietly. We followed him and thankfully made it out of gas town before they could see us.

I hear war boys starting to say something along the lines of, "some prisoners escaped and we need to search the perimeter.". They must be talking about us, right?

I begin to tense up. We met up with the woman. I swear I've seen them before! I continue thinking to myself as we are walking up to a large war rig. I'm not sure where they will take us.

"I've seen them before." I whisper to Phoenix. I still can't put my finger on it. Where have I seen them? We are now in the war rig driving to the Citadel. Fury Road. Things were brutal out here but I've never been in that crazy of a situation. Death was fucking everywhere now a days. I can't even remember when everything was normal.

We reach the Citadel. "Take them to the vault and give them food and water. I'll chat with them after I put the fuel pod and war rig up." The woman says. The man looks at us gesturing us to follow him. We reach this room, quite big, to say the least. "Stay here, I'll be right back." He says in a weathered voice. He comes back with food and fresh water. "Eat." He mumbles.

We scorched down that food in about 5 seconds it seems. We sat and waited for what seems forever. The woman comes in, "Why were you guys imprisoned?", she says. We stay silent, not yet trusting her or the man. "Max said you two were guarded by imperial guards." She says.

So his name is Max. They seem so familiar to me still. "We were imperators in Gas Town." I mumble. "We went rouge after Fury Road." I say cringing at the thought of everything that happened. "You guys were in that war? I thought I've seen you somewhere. My names Furiosa and this is Max." She says as she points to Max.

"I remember you two as well." I say. Phoenix seems to be studying them, remembering everything as well. "You took down Imorten Joe mm?" I ask. She nods confirming that I was correct. "You guys can stay here for the night and we will supply you with a car, guzzalene, food and water to last about a month. If you want to stay here let me know. If you want to leave I've offered you that." She says, her and Max leaving.

I look at Phoenix, "What do you want to do?" I ask. I personally wanted to stay, but I'm not letting her go out on her own if she didn't want to stay with me. Furiosa is being so generous and I'm not sure why. I have questions that need to be answered.