Chapter 73: We Have a Visitor

"You remember how I got this scar?" I pointed to the one on my mouth. max stared at me, but nodded when he remembered our first night in the cave. "I should've just let her desk with it then, she wouldn't be so confused and angry now..." I punched a wall. "Where's Furiosa?" I couldn't imagine how she must've felt right now.

"In her room, she needs some time to breathe" I sighed, making my way outside I needed air. Max walked with me, staying silent the whole time, it was comforting. But all of a sudden he pulled me back, standing in front of me and grabbing his binoculars, looking down the road. "There's a rig coming..." I froze.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there's a rig coming" he turned back to look at me, but I took the binoculars from him, I couldn't see who was inside it. "We should get Furiosa" I shook my head, smiling, this rig was coming from Gas Town.... It was Jeet!

He pulled in, bringing the rig to a halt, jumping out and opening his arms as I ran into them. "How are ya?" He smiled, shaking Max's hand and unplugging a huge fuel pod from the rig. Now that Jeet was running gas town, we had an unlimited amount of fuel.

"I'm alright" I smiled, hiding my emotions. He looked at me, then back at Max. A frown emerged on his face. "Blondie took off didn't she?" It still astounded me how he just knew... No matter what it was, max nodded. "That's so weird...."

I cocked my head to the side, "excuse me?" I asked, looking at Max then back at him.

"I don't know, had a weird dream where she just... Left... Didn't think nothing of it but.... Well shit" he scratched his head, genuinely confused.

"The morphine do anything for you?" Jeet smiled.

"It helped actually, I mean they still came but they weren't as bad as usual, didn't even have to twist any of these" he said, pointing his finger to the metal pieces that stuck out from his skin.

"I'll try to get you some more whenever I can" he nodded. He frowned again, noticing the look on my face.

"She's going to come back, don't worry about that" and for some reason, when Jeet said it, I believed it more than anyone else. "Furiosa must be worried sick"

"Worried about what?" Her voice rang as she walked out of the citadel and towards us. Her voice hard, emotionless. like she shoved everything out of her mind.

"You alright?" Jeet asked, his voice wary.

"I'm just fine" she said, helping the others move the fuel pod. Jeet sighed, hugging me and placing a hand on Max's shoulder. "You keep an eye on Furiosa, yeah?"