Chapter 72: What Just Happened?

I wasn't sure what the hell just happened. I've never seen either of them like this. Furiosa isn't one to cry and Ariadne isn't one to lash out. I felt bad for Furiosa.

"Look at me" I say sternly. "She's gonna come back. You just need to give her time." I say trying to calm her down. "And what if she doesn't?! What if I don't get her back?! What if something happens to her?!" She says worried as hell. I embrace her in a hug, trying to calm her down.

She collected herself and went to her room. I need to find out what the hell happened. I go to find Phoenix. I find her back in her room. She looks really upset. "Are you alright?" I ask concerned. "I'm fine, Max" She says anger and hurt in her voice. "Okay what the hell happened?" I ask eager to know.

"Something happened to her along time ago. She didn't find out until just now. She couldn't function so I had to help put it deep in her memories so she wouldn't hurt. She couldn't remember until jeet sensed it from her and confronted her" Phoenix says softly. Well that explains a lot. I nodded. "It will be alright" I say hugging her tight.

I hope she will be alright out there. "Don't fret over it okay? It will be fine" I reassure her. Everyone's upset now. I hold Phoenix, kissing her cheek, attempting to cheer her up a bit.