Chapter 75: Off Day

Max and Phoenix joined me at a table, all of us silent, we've all been kind of off lately, o was worried about Ariadne, Phoenix has been suffering from nightmares now, and Max... Well he was just off, and he didn't tell me why. We ate slowly, none of us really wanted to eat,

"You get any sleep last night?" I asked quietly, looking at Phoenix. Her eyes were tired, she'd been sleeping in Max's room, said she couldn't sleep in hers without Ariadne, didn't feel right.

"Yeah a bit, not enough" she sighed, leaning her head onto Max's shoulder. He leaned his head onto hers, chewing on his last bit of food. His fingers interlocked with hers, and a small smile appeared on her face. I almost envied how they loved each other, it was like nothing I've never seen before.

"Hey..." I heard a small voice from behind me, Phoenix's eyes shot open, I turned around to see my lovely Ariadne smiling at me, she slid in next to me, kissing my cheek.

"About time" Max said casually, like she didn't even leave. She chuckled a bit before turning to me and kissing my cheek. Max took Phoenix back to his room, maybe wanting to give Ariadne and I some time together.

"You feeling ok?" I asked, not wanting to say anything that would upset her. Ariadne just put her hand on my face, I trembled when she touched me, kissing her palm gently. "Oh I missed you so much" I breathed, feeling her warmth in my skin.

"I'm so sorry, Furiosa I wasn't mad at you." She came closer to me, and began to explain the events of that horrible night. "I know Phoenix probably told you" she said when she was finished, "but I wanted you to hear it from me, so you know"

"Know what?" I asked, kissing her on her forehead.

"That I trust you" she smiled again, warm and soft, "and that I love you" I kissed her that very second, not wanting to let go of her ever again.

"If you ever leave me like that again, I'll get Jeet to bring your ass back" she laughed, leaning her forehead on mine

"No matter where I am, Furiosa I'll always be yours" she whispered, gently pressing her lips to mine again.