Chapter 15: Welcome Back

I shouldn't have left like that. Me, stone cold Max, felt bad for leaving them like that. But I can't protect them. Furiosa almost died because of a war like this.

There was too much blood on my hands. It wouldn't matter much to add more. Everyone here has blood on their hands. Nothing new. I think the world could be different. Better. There's to much crazy and to many bad people out here to change it.

As far as I have drivin I decide to turn back. It is dark now. I hope they have found shelter. After what seems forever of driving I find a small light. Looks like a small fire outside of a cave. I park my vehicle and walk up to the area hoping they are there.

I see them. They are sleeping now. I walk back to my car and get some food out eating. I hear a gun cock behind my head. "Who are you, what do you want?" A familiar voice says sounding half asleep but tense. It's Ariadne. "It's me." I say hoping she recognized me.

She puts the gun down and I turn around. "I knew you would come back." She says quietly, still tense. I can't leave them. They need me. If they died it would be more blood on my hands.

"You would rather be alone then try to protect people that could die hmm?" She says still tense. I'm not sure why she hasn't relaxed by now. She knows I won't hurt her or Phoenix. "Something like that." I say my voice low with not emotion in my voice.

"Relax. I'm not gonna hurt you two." I say calmly. She stays silent walks back into the cave and lays back down attempting to fall asleep.

I think I'm going to stay awake. Keep an eye on them in case anything happens. It's finally morning and I hear movement in the cave.