Chapter 44: Sickening Thoughts

She's gone now. It's just me and Furiosa for now. I'm worried sick. Literally. I threw up just earlier. I can't shake the thought of something bad happening. I go back to my room getting any weapon I have and strapping them all over my body. My back my legs and my waist. I sit on my bed and get stuck in my head.

I close my eyes tight remembering every memory I had with her. I can't stop having bad thoughts of this going wrong. I feel someone sit next to me, snapping me away from my thoughts. "It's going to be okay. She will be okay. She's tough." Furiosa says, with anxiety in her voice. I wrap my arms around her and hug her for a long time. I stay silent holding back any strong feelings I have. Keeping them bottled.

"I have to be tough. We need to um get prepared for war" I say quietly, still stuck in my own head. Furiosa grabs my face "Listen to me..." She says softly. I look into her eyes and kiss her, hard but soft at the same time. I pull away and hold her hand tight. "They have to be okay" I say quietly.

Suppress, suppress, suppress. They only think I should let myself feel is anger. For right now. I mumble hateful things to myself as I get up preparing myself for war. I will not let Scrotus with this. He will not hurt anyone ever again. I won't let him.

I remind myself of everything that he did to me and her. I remind myself of what he did to everyone. Fucking peice of shit. Fueling my adrenaline from the dark memories of my past. "We're getting them back and I'll kill Scrotus myself" I say, anger in my voice. 

Furiosa walks up behind me, gently putting her hand on my shoulder. I tense up. "Hey.." She says calmly. I tense up even more remembering my worst punishment from Scrotus. I sit on the bed, she follows. I life up the back of my shirt revealing deep nasty scars all over my back. "This was from him. I would try to stand up for myself and this was the result..." I say quietly, my voice shaking. Furiosa gently touched the scars on my back. "I'm so sorry Ariadne..." She says sympathetically. "I almost died because of him. He left me there to bleed out and then Phoenix saw me and took me in" I say quietly but Stern. I fucking hate him. "The only reason I didn't die that day is because of her." I say more clearly now.

She got me out of a lot of bad situations with him because Scrotus favored her. Almost like he cared. I can't see him caring about anyone. I let my shirt down and turn towards Furiosa. I give her a gentle kiss. She wraps her arms around me not hesitating to kiss back. She gave me such a rush.