Chapter 71: She Left Me

I could hear them through the walls, Phoenix and Ariadne were fighting, something I never though would happen.

"Ariadne you're being ridiculous!"

"oh am i?! THEN HOW DID JEET JUST HAPPEN TO KNOW ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED" the anger was prominent in her voice.

"I.. I don't know it's Jeet! He fucking knows everything" Ariadne let out laugh, a dark laugh.

"You're fucking unbelievable" she growled "and another thing, why the fuck would you push that shit in the back of my mind?! I suffered for years not having any fuckinf idea why!"

"Ariadne you were suffering, you couldn't function you couldn't breathe!" Phoenix yelled back, I could hear the tension in both their voices.

I pressed my war against the wall, trying to listen more, my stomach was turning, I wanted to help her so badly but she wouldn't let me, I had to wait until she was ready.. But it killed me not knowing how long it would take.

"I can't fucking stay here right now, I can't see anyone" she stormed out of her room. I quickly ran out of mine, chasing her down the corridor.

"Hey!" I said, she turned her head to me but kept walking, her eyes were angry but had some sort of softness when she looked at me.

"Furiosa I need to leave" I stopped in my tracks, sadness washed over my body.

"W-what?..." I felt the tears well up in my eyes, she couldn't go, I loved her so much.

"I need to get out of here!" He voice rose, and she headed for the garage, picking up one of the buggies as getting in.

"Let me come with you, I mean you don't know what's out there" I breathed trying to stay calm.

Max was in the garage, but Ariadne was too Mad to care that he could hear us. He just watched quietly while doing work on his car

"Do you forget that I was an imperator as well? I can handle myself." She spat, starting up the engine.

"... When are you going to come back?" She shrugged. "Ariadne please don't-" but I was cut off by her speeding off. I tried to run after it but Max grabbed my arm. I was sobbing.

"She'll come back" he spoke his voice dark and raspy.

"You don't know that Max! You don't know!" I yelled, my vision blurred from tears.

"She'll come back" he repeated.