Chapter 2: New Friends

"What do you think, Max?" I spoke, he looked at me from the corner of his eye, silent for a moment, then he shrugged. "I mean, they can help" Max just turned to look at me again, silent, but I could see what he was thinking.
"I'm going through with it, with or without your help" and with that, Max walked off, doing his own thing like he usually did.

I walked back to the holding room with the two girls we rescued, they stared blankly up at me. There was a blonde, beautiful Aqua eyes and a gorgeous smile, I could see some tattoos that stuck out on from under her clothing, she was quiet, like Max, she said her name was Ariadne, the other with long black wavy hair, storm grey eyes and a blood red bandana around her head holding her hair out of her face. Both of them heavily scarred from the wasteland. They both claimed to be imperators from Gas Town, and I remembered their faces from Fury Road.

"So" I started, not really knowing what to say to them. "Why'd you go rogue?"  Phoenix looked over at Ariadne, and nodded her head as if to give her permission to talk to me.

"After Fury Road, we realized how... Corrupt this world has become... So many people died, all because one man was greedy" she sighed, pulling her lips to a flask full of water.

"So, when we got back, we decided we were done with being apart of the insanity" Phoenix continued, it was then that I could see the scars on her face more clearly. "We planned to leave gas town, but while we were gathering supplies we were caught, they took everything from us and locked us up... They even took my car, scrapped it to fuckin' shit"  I sat down, looking at the two women in front of me. Phoenix pulled out a cigarette, hand rolled and lit it up. "Why'd you save us?" She asked, Ariadne turned her head away from the wall and over at me, all of a sudden very interested in my answer.

"You needed help, did you not?" I answered solemnly.

"But out of all the people there, you decided to save us." Ariadne inquired, now turning her whole body towards me. I wondered then if I should've told them about the plan I had, or wait until they decided if they were going to stay or not.

"I don't know, I had a gut feeling" I shrugged. "You wanted out of gas town, I got you out of gas town."

Ariadne looked over at Phoenix, it was like they could communicate without speaking.

"We're staying" Phoenix stated clearly, pulling from her cigarette and blowing out small hoops of smoke.

I nodded, glad that they decided to stay, I would discuss my plan with them later but they needed time to relax. I explained to them the layout of the Citadel, where they could get food and water when they wanted, and where everything was. I could tell from the time I spent with them at Ariadne was more of the brains, and Phoenix was the hands, with each other, they could get anything done, and that's exactly what I needed.

"If you need anything else, please let me or Max know, though you have a better chance with me, Max is a little crazy sometimes" I chuckled, but they didn't, they just looked at me blankly.

"Mad, you mean? Mad Max, that's what we call him in Gas Town anyways" Phoenix laughed "that guys fuckin' crazy" the three of us laughed a little, and I could tell from there these two weren't a threat at all, they were survivors, like the rest of us.

"Well, the citadel is your home now, you can do as you please" I began. "I'll let you two rest now, just don't get into any trouble" I flashed a smile, the best one I could at the two of them and made my way out the door, and I prayed that they would be willing to help us.