Chapter 17: The Sickness Is Rising

I wake up furiously, ready to fight and gasping for air. Another nightmare. I look up everyone but Phoenix giving me a puzzled look. Sweat dripping down my face, "Nightmare..." I mumble, tension in my voice. They all gave me concerned looks.

"Nothing new" I whisper to myself. Furiosa is back. With water and food. "Water?" Furiosa asks. I nod sitting up from where I was sleeping. I wipe the sweat off my face. Fevers and nightmares don't ever go well together. Furiosa hands me the water feeling my four head. "You're burning up. You need to drink as much water as you can and stay hydrated." She says concern in her voice.

I'll be fine. I drink What's in the canteen. Still thirsty, "how much water did you bring?" I ask, obviously wanting more water. She brings 5 gallons of water and hands one to me. I drink about half.

I drank as much as my stomach could carry. I get up and grab the pistol and attach it to my waste. I grab my knife and put it on the side of my left leg. My left arm being dominant, it's easier for me to get to it.

I stand up stumbling a bit. "Do you think you could bring a vehicle out here for us?" I say weakly. "Just in case something goes down?" I continue leaning on Max's car. Furiosa might need Max's help in the Citadel.

Furiosa nods, "That's probably the best idea. Max, I'm gonna need your help in the Citadel later. I want you to stay with the Girls during the night time. Can you do that?". He nods, flashing a small smile towards Phoenix.

I collapse next to Max's car. I'm still to fucking tired for anything. I barely got any sleep last night. I drink more water sitting, leaning my back on the tire of Max's car. Furiosa stares at me worries plastered on her face. "I'll be fine." I say weakly and quietly, hopefully re-assuring everyone.

"Don't get to sick on me.." Phoenix says worried. Last time, I got so sick I couldn't move. I hope that doesn't happen. It would be really inconvenient for everyone around me, and just really bad timing.