Chapter 80: Everythings Better

I wake up, Phoenix next to me. I smile at the site of a sleeping Phoenix. She looked so happy and peaceful. She shifted in her sleep. I wondered what she was dreaming about. I layed next to her for a while, holding her close to me. I studied her, her body, her hair, her sleepy face, the softness of her skin. She was beautiful.

I decide to get up, quietly leaving to room. I didn't want to wake Phoenix. She's finally getting sleep since Ariadne is back. I go to the cafeteria and sit with Furiosa. She looks alot better as well. "Morning" I say, my voice raspy like I just woke up. "Morning" She says flashing a smile. "So, you and Ariadne? Y'all together now or what?" I ask genuinely interested in her answer. "I would have to assume so." She says happily. I'm glad she finally found someone to connect with in that way.

I feel someone wrap there arms around me. "Morning, sleepy head" I say ruffling Phoenix's hair. "Goodmorning" She says smiling at both of us. She had a beautiful sleepy face. She looked so innocent. We're all eating our breakfast now.

"Are we still gonna go on a raid? I ask Phoenix. We talked about it last night but I wasn't sure if she still wanted to go. She nodded excitedly. "Sounds like a plan" I say, kissing her forehead before getting up to to the garage.