Chapter 52: Down You Go

Just another person I couldn't protect. Another life I couldn't save. She's got to make it through, right? I feel like I've lost any sanity I've gained. This can't be happening. No, no, this is just a nightmare, right? I can't fucking lose her! If she's gone, I'm leaving. I won't have any reason to stay.

The voices are stronger than they've ever been. In my god dam head! I'll never be set free!  They consume me and won't shut up! I wanted to save them. I couldn't. I couldn't save any of them. I can't stop thinking about her. I have opened my trust to her. She has to wake up.

I look over at Furiosa and Ariadne, I've never seen her cry before. She's probably losing her mind just as I am. Phoenix was a sister to her. We both loved her, of course in different ways, but also in the same. I was supposed to protect Phoenix and I failed.

I sit there and wait patiently but anxious at the same time. I remind myself that she's strong enough. I know she is. She has to make it through! I can't lose another person I cared about. I happened to care about her a lot.

The best doctor we have hadn't come out of that room again. I really fucking hope they know what they're doing. Considering there's only so much you can do when you live in a wasteland with limited medicines. If she's losing to much blood I can give her blood, surely they'd let me, right? I can't stop thinking about her.