Chapter 61: Cars and Love

He kissed my head, walking away assuming he was going to help repairing the war rigs; I watched him leave. When I turned around I could see Furiosa smirking at me. "Good job" she laughed "didn't think anyone could make Max do shit like that" I laughed with her, gripping my wound as discreetly as I could. Jeet made his way over to us, sitting next to Furiosa and examining me.

"Feeling better?" He asked, digging into his food hungrily, Furiosa's head leaned on her hands, her bowl was done, but she like to keep us company. I nodded, and Jeet gave me a closed mouth smile, his mouth full of food. "Soooooooo" his voice was mischievous now, "when're you and Max gonna have a baby?" Furiosa began to laugh hard and I just stared at Jeet, I wasn't even thinking about thinking of having a baby, I mean there was so much more to him that o didn't know yet, but I laughed, knowing Jeet was just creating humor.

"Yeah? When you gonna get a girlfriend" his laughter stopped, and he threw a little bread roll at me. Wrapping his arm around Furiosa.

"I got a girl" he laughed jokingly, she elbowed him playfully.

"Ah, don't let Ariadne hear you" she laughed.

"I'll kick your ass Jeet" Ariadne slid in the chair next to me, flashing a smile at Furiosa.

"You wouldn't hurt me, blondie" he chuckled, "you love me to much, I make you laugh" Jeet's smile faded, he screamed, his headaches were getting worse and worse. I watched him grab one of the metal pieces he had pierced in his body and he turned them over and over again, inflicting pain on himself sometimes helped subdue the pain of his headache, and I could only imagine how bad they must be for him to do that.

I grabbed Furiosa's bowl and mine, I was going to head off to find Max. She thanked me, and the three of them continued talking and laughing.

I made my way down to the garage, the car was there, but no Max, he was probably helping with the war rigs. I looked at the car, she was damaged badly. I tied my hair up, grabbed the tool box and began to repair it by myself, maybe I could surprise Max.

An hour passed, maybe two and I could feel myself sweating, my hands were black and the car still had some work to be done. "Ah, we fucked you up bad" I whispered to myself. I got burned a couple times on my hands, but I was used to it now.

Max walked in, freezing in his tracks when he saw me hovering over the hood of his car, focused on what I was doing. Max walked over slowly, his eyes were all over me, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"She looks good" was all he could say, his eyes now on the car then back to me. I looked up at him, his hands were as black as mine, and there were oil stains on his face, but regardless he was beautiful... We stared at each other for a second, and I wanted nothing more in that moment than for him to kiss me. Max cleared his throat, turning away and grabbing some tools, working in the parts I hadn't got to yet. I sighed, but I wasn't angry, I was used to it now.

"I fixed up the engine first, that was my priority" I said, wiping my hands on a corn to remove some of the oil. "Also played around with your fuel injection, she'll go a bit faster. Max reached up for something on a shelf, his shirt riding up and I could see his back, there were tattoos all over it. "What's that?" I said running my finger along one of them. He turned around, eyes wide, like he didn't expect me to touch him on his skin.

"When the war boys captured me... They uh they did that to me" I could tell he didn't really like to think about it.

"Ah, Scrotus did the same to me" I turned my back to him, lifted up my shirt revealing the tattoos, it was his symbol of owning me. When I turned to face max he was giving me a hard look.

"Are you hurting?" He asked sternly, pointing to the bandaged wound. I shook my head, not wanting to trouble him, I knew it was just healing. "Are you lying to me?" I shook my head, and he nodded, pulling me into him and kissing my temple. I placed my head in the crook of his neck and for a moment we just stood there, saying nothing to each other.