Chapter 41: War Strategy

I sighed, racking my brain for some other plan so we wouldn't have to send Phoenix back, but no matter how hard me and Ariadne tried there was no other option. Ariadne didn't want her to go back, she wanted her to stay here, where she could make sure she was safe. Ariadne groaned, running her fingers though her hair.

"Furiosa there has to be another way" she looked at me, her eyes pleading. I sighed, wrapping my good arm around her and pulling her beautiful form into mine

"I wish there was Ariadne but I can't see any other way..." I could see the tears form in her eyes, tears from anger.

"Maybe... Maybe I can go with her" I shook my head I had thought about that before.

"Not with that brand on your neck..." Ariadne sighed, throwing a rock into the hot sand.

"Scrotus always liked her, found her when she was a small child, treated her like his own, the only reason he kept me around was because she refused to let him kill me" maybe that's why they were so close, Phoenix was always, ALWAYS looking out for her, not once letting anything hurt her, not ever.

"If Scrotus favors her a much as you say, then she's the only one who can do it" I sighed, rubbing her back gently trying to comfort her. I didn't like this idea either, and I knew for sure Max wasn't happy about it. Ariadne tried to talk her out of it, but Phoenix was determined.

Ariadne kissed me gently,  standing up after and she made her way to Phoenix, I assumed they needed to talk about what was going to happen. I saw Max walk down from his room, he stopped for a second when he saw Phoenix talking to Ariadne and he just shook his head.

He noticed me, the fury in his eyes burning mine as he approached me. "You can't let her go" he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. His face was hard and intimidating

"Max, even if there was another plan, she wants to do it, I can't stop her" Max growled angrily, looking over at her again.

"This is suicide" he spoke walking away from me.

But I believed, I believed in Ariadne, and I believed in Phoenix, they were more skilled as intelligent than Max and I realized, if anyone could do this, it was them.