Chapter 27: Scared To Love

I see something in her. It somehow brings a smile on my face. She brings a smile on my face. She makes me feel something I haven't felt in a very long time. I'm afraid of it.

I'm afraid of getting close to someone and losing them. I don't want to loser her. I don't want to lose any of them. But her, there's something special about her.

"Are you feeling  better today?" I still haven't left the room. I'm afraid something will happen again. "Yeah, finally. I mean everything still hurts but not as bad" She says, letting a soft smile escape her lips.

She has soft but callused hands at the same time. Assuming from working on cars. Her eyes are a beautiful stormy grey and hair so soft.
I snap away from my thoughts when I realized she's starring at me with a confused look. "Whatcha thinking?" She asks genuinely wanting an answer. I don't reply, I'm not sure if I want her to know how I feel. I don't know if I want anyone to know how I feel.

I shake my head as the dark thoughts worm there way into my brain. I focus on her. Her features, her smile and personality.

I can't wait til she's healed up enough to start helping me with my car. I might even let her drive. I can say I trust her enough not to fuck it up, considering she cares about cars a lot.

I love that about her. I can talk to her about cars and engines and everything with her. I grab her hand, I kiss it. Not sure why I did, "I'm sorry I didn't mean-" She cut me off, "It's alright Max, don't worry about it." She gives me a soft smile. I smile back a little embarrassed but I shrug it off.

"I'm glad you're here with me." She says calmly. I nod, looking into her eyes, her beautiful eyes. I can't get over how beautifully grey they are. Something inside me makes me want to know more about her. Her stories. But I haven't even opened up myself. It's so hard for me to open up. I get lost in my thoughts sitting next to Phoenix as she rests.