Chapter 34: A New Bond

"Well it's true..." She mumbled, and I was probably blushing like an idiot. My heart raced when she looked at me, I couldn't even describe it.

"You're beautiful too..." I say, mentally yelling at myself because it was so stupid, I should've said something better. But Ariadne seemed to find no fault in my words and smiled, reaching over for my hand and holding it gently.

It felt like electricity when her skin made contact with mine, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out, but Ariadne was just smiling.

"Thank you again for the gift, it's unbelievable Furiosa" she pushed her hair behind her ear, looking a little nervous. "But can I ask why you gave it to me?

"Well I wouldn't want anyone else to have it" I smiled, Ariadne sat up, her face lit by the dim lights, no matter what lighting, no matter what situation, Ariadne's beauty astounded me. "Well, I'll let you rest" I spoke softly, standing up and heading for the door.

"Wait, wait" she rasped, stumbling to her feet, looking at me with pleading eyes. "Can... Can you stay with me?... I don't know where Phoenix is and ever since that day..." She trailed off, rubbing her arm and looking at the floor.

"Oh, of course, of course" my heart was pounding inside of my ribcage, I had no idea a single person could have this sort of effect on me. She sat cross legged on her bed, and I sat the same way in front of her. "So" I started, trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible, "dogs or cats?"  I asked, cursing to myself, I said another stupid thing. I wanted to ask her about her past, her stories, but I got scared.

She laughed a little, hugging a pillow to her chest, "hmm, dogs!" She answered, not at all making me feel embarrassed for the stupid question I asked. "What's your favourite colour?" She asked now.

I looked into her eyes, and thought for a minute, "blue" it was only then that I realized that the colour of her eyes was my favourite. "What food do you miss the most?" I groaned, thinking about how good the food used to be.

"Probably pizza, I fucking loved pizza" I ran my hand down my face.

"Oh my god a pizza sounds so good right now" we both laughed, but out eyes didn't come off each other. We went silent and just stared at each other for a moment, I could see now she was blushing. I gave her a warm smile, and in that moment something came over me. I leaned in a little, gently pressing my lips to hers. I automatically thought how stupid that move was, but Ariadne didn't hesitate to return it.